1.    #1  
    When I manually switch my 700p on Sprint to forced roaming all my incoming calls go directly to voicemail. Is this because I manually switched it? I tested it last night and it would repeatedly go to voicemail on all incoming calls, I would get the voicemail indication immediately after a voicemail had been left.

Anyone have the same issue?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Not exactly. Once when I forced my 700p to roam, I couldn't dial out. It would go straight from the dialing phase to the timer followed by a disconnect. I wonder if sprint and palm enabled the roaming hassle feature.
    Having similar problem as OP. When in forced roaming mode the phone won't ring about 80-90% of the time. Anyone else notice this problem? I've tried a hard reset which doesn't help so it's apparently not caused by any conflicts with any apps.
    It is probably a temporary condition that exists between your home carrier and the roaming carrier. In some areas, it can take a few minutes for your calls to begin routing over to the roaming carrier. Of course, the system is run by computers, and you know what that means.

Best thing to do if it doesn't clear up in a few minutes is to call *2 and tell them. One of the reps says to dial *4 occasionally while travelling. They say this will ensure your phone is registering on the network properly.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Best thing to do if it doesn't clear up in a few minutes is to call *2 and tell them. One of the reps says to dial *4 occasionally while travelling. They say this will ensure your phone is registering on the network properly.
    Errr... You do realize that if you are roaming, these numbers aren't going to work, right?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    early on with my 650 on the 1x network- if you were on data on vz then all calls will go straight to vm. Then they made a change on their network so the data call would get put on "hold" and the voice call would ring your phone.

they had to make a change to their netwrok to allow this.

My GUESS is that for people roaming on the 1x network they have not bothered to make the change since they have no motivation to make your life better. You aren't their customers.