1.    #1  
    I just purchased a used Treo 600 from an ebay auction claiming that the ESN was clear. It was partially unreadable so i rubbed it with my thumb to attempt to remove any dirt from the label on the back but the numbers just flaked off. Now, the entire label on the back is completely unreadable. So i went into menu > options > phone info to look it up so that I could activate the phone and there is no ESN number and the Serial number is 1234567890123. Wonderful! Angry Verizon says they can't do anything w/o an ESN and palm says that they can't do anything either because the phone has been unlocked. Why would a Verizon phone be unlocked anyway?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
    I had the same problem with my Sprint 600. Try to get into "tier 2" support, or "advanced support," or whatever--their ordinary script-reading goons won't be able to help you, but it can be found in software. I'm sorry I don't remember exactly where it is.
    If you type ##786 and then dial...doesnt it reveal your esn? It does on my 650 (and I think it does the same on the 600).

That or go to the phone app and hit the menu key and then Phone Options and then phone info?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Whoever sold you that Treo is an absolute genius! Someone's figured out how to spoof the ESN!! +respect! If you take the device apart, and take the radio module out of it, someone might be able to do something with it... I'm not positive about that though... I've been messing around with the radio chipsets lately and have found that they have a model number (which is no use to you) and two sets of barcodes. One of those has to be a serial number or something. I've E-Mailed Qualcomm asking for detailed specs and a pin-out guide, but so far have only received an automated response, so I'm not positive.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If you type ##786 and then dial...doesnt it reveal your esn? It does on my 650 (and I think it does the same on the 600).

That or go to the phone app and hit the menu key and then Phone Options and then phone info?
    The ##786 thing sends me to "america's roaming network" and wants me to pay for roaming airtime. the phone info screen displays nothing for ESN and the SN is 1234567890123. Any other ideas??
    I have no clue...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    try #*#786# that's what i had to type on my phone to get it to the RTN Screen that tells me the ESN.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    ##786 shows the ESN on my 600
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    ## = Sprint
    #*# = Verizon
    #* = Cingular

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx
    The ##786 thing sends me to "america's roaming network" and wants me to pay for roaming airtime. the phone info screen displays nothing for ESN and the SN is 1234567890123. Any other ideas??
    Yeah, I know the problem. My phone was programmed with the wrong phone
    number (MSID) and it caused the "Anerica's Roaming Network" problem.
    When I changed the number to the correct one, I got sprint. Right now, when
    I dial ##786, it gives me the ESN in decimal and hex. I can't recall at the
    moment which screen I entered the MSID on. Assuming you have sprint,
    say call and say you are having problems trying to activate a phone. Eventally
    you'll get a knowledgable tech who will walk you through how to change the
    MSID. If you play dumb, and tell them you entered the correct MSID,
    eventually they'll tell you the steps to manually program your phone, including
    giving you the MSL in the process. Write everything down. They won't
    tell you when they are telling you the MSL (so you have to be smart enough
    at the time to realize this is the number that unlocks your phone).

-- Bob
    can you goto phone then hit menu then info? gives me my esn, but i have sprint....
    ebay has buyer protection for cases like this. If youy are sold something that dosen't match the description, call them and they will help.