Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Didn't see it posted yet. PRL 20223 is out. I got it this morning, and now I can reliably stay in EVDO where I live which is right on the edge of 1X and EVDO split which use to yeild 60kb/sec speeds...
    bit_bucket
    did you have to call and get flagged for the update or did they just give it to you without you asking for it?
    garinballbarin
  3.    #3  
    I called in as normal and at the voice promt said prl update. The when a rep came online, I told here I wanted my handset flagged for a prl update. She did that, and when I called back, the system updated my phone. For me this has definately made a big improvement, I now stay on evdo at home.
    bit_bucket
    Thanks for the heads-up. Funny how hit or miss Sprint CS is. Sometimes I can call and get exactly what I need, and others...it is like dealing with Radio Shack employees. This morning, is an example of the latter. I called to get flagged for the PRL update, since my phone shows 20222. The CS rep says, "You already have the latest software. And besided, we don't do that anymore." Ugh! I will have to call back later to find a rep who knows what they are doing.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Someone posting the file?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    So, I called *2, asked for a PRL Update and got a representative. I aked her for the update and she put me on hold to 'check if I needed it.' When she came back she asked if I had dialed *2 to get her. I said yes. She said that every time you dial *2 you get the update so I should be all set!!!

So, I checked to see if I'd been updated. No, I'm still at PRL 20221.

Anyway, I called back and got the next representative to flag my account. She told me to dial *2 again and it would go through. I did that 3 times. Each time I got a message saying that I was updated successfully. And after each call, I'm still at 20221! I reset after each call, too. Didn't matter. Any ideas?

My house is right on the edge of 1x and EVDO, so I'd really like to get the update installed to see if it makes a difference. I really believe that switching between 1x and EVDO every few minutes is the reason why my battery takes a beating at home.
    Sorry for the newbie question but how do you get the new VZW PRL ?

For that matter, how do you check your current version?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I know this will be a mistake ... but anyone that has issues getting there account flagged for a prl update, send me an email to matthew.s.bloom <at> sprint.com with your cell number. I just started working for sprint again as a RCC. Im only part time, and will be there from 6pm-9pm tonight and tomorrow. Ill be more than happy to flag some accounts when its not busy.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    OK, I got my update to go through. Maybe this will help someone else out. I remembered going through this same problem long ago; with the Treo 300 maybe. Back then I was told a home WiFi network could interfere with the updates. So, I went outside and called *2 and this time it worked! The phone even gave me a message confirming it to be so. And Phone Info now displays PRL 20223.
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    OK, I got my update to go through. Maybe this will help someone else out. I remembered going through this same problem long ago; with the Treo 300 maybe. Back then I was told a home WiFi network could interfere with the updates. So, I went outside and called *2 and this time it worked! The phone even gave me a message confirming it to be so. And Phone Info now displays PRL 20223.
    Same here, took my 4 tries, with each time telling me that it was successful. However, only the last time did the dialog appear.
    sprint is telling me that if u have treo 700 u have to bring into the store for prl update, for the older models u can do over the air, not sure with the 700 why u cant update via over the air
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    sprint is telling me that if u have treo 700 u have to bring into the store for prl update, for the older models u can do over the air, not sure with the 700 why u cant update via over the air
    I haven't updated OTA for this PRL but I did for the previous PRL. Your agent is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer
    Sorry for the newbie question but how do you get the new VZW PRL ?

For that matter, how do you check your current version?
    Update VZW PRL: Dial *228
    Check current version: In the phone app menu - Options/Phone Info and scroll down.

Current version on my VZW 700p: 50567

More info: Treocentral discussion of VZW *228
    Thanks
    at&t iPhone3G
    so people have updated there sprint treo 700's PRL over the air?
    so people have updated there sprint treo 700's PRL over the air?
    Yes...It is a hit or miss with CS, but it can be done thru *2. I just finished it thru the air 5 minutes ago...20223
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've updated my 700p with sprint over the air with no problem
    ok got someone to do it, hit *2 and got announcement for PRL update, says completed

re checked phone and it still says old PRL of 20221, grrrr,,,even after i reset phone

maybe because of that bug with my phone with the *2, being that it powers off then on again after i hit the end button, only when dialing to *2
    ok got someone to do it, hit *2 and got announcement for PRL update, says completed

re checked phone and it still says old PRL of 20221, grrrr,,,even after i reset phone

maybe because of that bug with my phone with the *2, being that it powers off then on again after i hit the end button, only when dialing to *2

Read a few posts above, it has taken 3-4 tries to get it to "stick." Keep dialing *2.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Read a few posts above, it has taken 3-4 tries to get it to "stick." Keep dialing *2.
    That is wierd...it only took one try for every PRL update for me.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast