Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I've made 3 calls and still no update. One of the reps told me I had to take out the battery for 15 minutes and then put it back in and it would update....

I'm desperate so I tried it .... needless to say, it didn't work.
    Thanks to the info on this thread, my efforts were successful after about 10 calls and many resets. I went to an EVDO area, reset, plugged in, and zippo nothing at all. Just Clair saying the update was complete but nothing at all changed, nothing on the screen. Then I did a warm reset and again nothing, but I wasn't plugged in. I plugged in, called again, and finally the "The OTA was Successful" dialog or something came out. So now I've gone from 21 to 23. I guess the emphasis on *plugging in* with the USB cable helped me out in the end.

Again, Thank you!
    Plugging in has not worked for me.

Guess I have to go to a store. ;P
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    I have not noticed that, but I have noticed 2 other things:

1. I tried to do the update about 10 times (my account was flagged and it did the old "we have recognized that you need an update...blah blah blah). After 10 straight fails, I connected to my hotsync cable/charger cable and BOOM...the update went through!!!

I just went through this exact same thing... plugging in worked for me too
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl View Post
    I just went through this exact same thing... plugging in worked for me too
    Mine updated as well... I have been trying to get this update to install for weeks and was uncussessful until tonight. I guess the key is to use the hotsync cable along with the power cable and to do a reset prior to calling *2. Worked first try on two different phones.
    I don't get why this has to be done to get it to take...I don't understand why so many are having problems. I just called #2 and it worked thru the air without any additional tricks as it did with prior updates.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Hello all and Bumble,

I received the quick flag from Bumble, (Thanks, by the way). But, like many, can't get it to stick. I've tried everything...soft reset, hard reset, power cord, power cord with usb connection, called *2 and don't let it finish the update. NOTHING! I've tried every suggestion on this thread besides going into the store. Does that seem like my only option? It's weird, because the treo runs smoothly and does everything I want it to do, rarely needs a reset.

Regards!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I was told at my local store that they lack the hardware/software to be able to update the Treos in-store. They say the equipment is "coming soon". Any truth to this "story" that the equipment is not yet available to the stores to update the PRLs.

I like so many others can't seem to get the OTA to work. I'm up around 3-dozen false-positive confirmations from the lovely Claire that the update was successful. I have failed via battery, via power plug, via USB cable, at home, at the office, during the commute.

UUGGHH!
    Just wondering here...are the people who are unable to updte the prl OTA using any of the Shadowmite overlays? It's the ONLY thing I've changed on my phone since the last successful PRL update and I am now unable to update after dozens and dozens of attempts. It probably has nothing to do with it, but like I said, I'm just wondering.

How do I reverse the Shadowmite overlay so I can be a little more scientific and test my theories before I make unfounded posts?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Just wondering here...are the people who are unable to updte the prl OTA using any of the Shadowmite overlays? It's the ONLY thing I've changed on my phone since the last successful PRL update and I am now unable to update after dozens and dozens of attempts. It probably has nothing to do with it, but like I said, I'm just wondering.

How do I reverse the Shadowmite overlay so I can be a little more scientific and test my theories before I make unfounded posts?

i did a hard reset and tried and still did not get the update to work.
    I feel so badly for you all that, at the risk of overdoing it, I will list the exact steps I took to get out of that quite stressful loop (which I also experienced for a while):
    1. I did a warm reset.
    2. I reset again.
    3. I dialed *2 and the update did not take
    4. I did not reset this time plugging the Treo into a laptop via USB cable
    5. I then dialed *2 again.
    6. The PRL update went through.

Prior to the successful update I plugged and unplugged the Treo into the laptop trying all sorts of combinations. Don't know if it will help at all, but it may be worth a try.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/03/2006 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Just wondering here...are the people who are unable to updte the prl OTA using any of the Shadowmite overlays?
    No, my 700p is bone-stock. No overlays.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    that puts my theory to rest.
    thanks for your replies.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newrazr View Post
    I was told at my local store that they lack the hardware/software to be able to update the Treos in-store. They say the equipment is "coming soon". Any truth to this "story" that the equipment is not yet available to the stores to update the PRLs.
    My store has the prl file, but we have never had software to allow us to do a prl or software update in the store for a treo. Before i quit back in feb, it was "coming soon" and now its still not available. I know my will never do software updates, the techs don't want the liability of possibly loosing all of someones information and im not there enough, or get paid enough without my commission to spend my time on sw updates when they can be done from home. The prl should happen at some point, but i don't know how soon it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by newrazr View Post

I like so many others can't seem to get the OTA to work. I'm up around 3-dozen false-positive confirmations from the lovely Claire that the update was successful. I have failed via battery, via power plug, via USB cable, at home, at the office, during the commute.

UUGGHH!
    When I went to the Sprint Store to exchange for my new 700p, I was told that they can do PRL updates. The catch is that you need to have signed up for the ERSP plan and be at a store that does repairs on site. They have equipment to do that.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    True, for treo they SHOULD allow users to download and update their own PRLs. They already allow firmware patches to be handled by the user. Why not the PRL?
    The Timeline:

FINALLY!

Well I *finally* got the PRL update to work. Apparently, all I had to do was leave my home coverage area.

I was travelling around visiting friends for the holiday and I realized I hade left the NYC area market where I've been for the past 20 or so unsucessful tries now, and in the Philadelphia area SID. So just for grins, I did a *2.

And right away, the update went through. No need to hook up the sync cable. No need to be connected to a charger. Nor did I have to reset my treo first. Even my bluetooth headset was paired, and yet I now have PRL 20223.

Given my experience, I do NOT think the handsets are to blame. I remembering being simarly unsuccessful in updating my PRL when I had my Samsung A900, and similarly, I could only fix it by being out-of-home-market (that time, I visited Pittsburgh when the update finally worked).

This has to be a problem with the Sprint network, in certain SIDs.
    The Timeline:

Here's a new one... I got the PRL update, confirmed it. But when I call *2 it still tells me that there's an update and when it says it's done updating, I know that nothing was updated because the window that displays during an actual update didn't display, plus there's nothing left to update. I definitely have 20223 on my phone.

Now what?
    Give it a couple hours. It usually takes a couple hours for Claire to "realize" that the status of your PRL update flag has changed.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it. If you stay flagged, odds are a successful PRL push won't happen again until the next update gets rolled out.
    The Timeline:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    For me, the 39th try was the charm!! - Finally got it to work - I just went 3 towns over and Bingo! Now if only I could get the update to go thru on my wife's Fusic......
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast