Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jax80
    When I call *2, it keeps wanting to redirect to a CS rep...is there anyway I can avoid speaking to a rep..and just try to have it update?
    look at post 8 for my email and post 49 for how to type your number in the email ...i don't work at sprint again til saturday, but i can do it for you.

The only thing i ask from everyone that i have flagged there accounts for PRL updates, if you get a callback for a survey of how service was in my store, PLEASE give me all 5s (should be on a 1-5 scale)
    It worked for me, when I dialed *2 it immediately gave me the prompt that it was going to update. It took 2 calls for it to "stick" but it worked. My only issue now is that I had to replace my phone and the flag obviously disappeard.

Ive sent you an email saying this but I wanted to publicly thank you and confirm that yes it did work!

Ill wait till after Saturday to make sure Im flagged again and update, then Ill tell you if that one worked as well.

Again thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Thanks Bumble! Worked the first time.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    interesting...

After 5 days and an ungodly number of calls to *2 the only way it would actually program my Treo was after a hard reset. I have no hacks or 3rd party software running in the background, and had tried soft resets as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    interesting...

After 5 days and an ungodly number of calls to *2 the only way it would actually program my Treo was after a hard reset. I have no hacks or 3rd party software running in the background, and had tried soft resets as well.
    I don't think it matters if you have 3rd party software running in the background. I think it can be determined by any application on your device. I don't have any 3rd party apps running in the background but I have a dozen apps...not as much as many on this forum but I have my share, and the last two rev updates worked first time thru the air dialing *2. When it prompt me it was complete...I was good to go when I checked my info.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Having the same problem as many, I have allegedly completed the update 10 times but has not worked.

What's weird is the last one ___22 worked fine.
    Oh, and my phone sometimes freezes after the update. But then again, it freezes while using Blazer sometimes, too. I owned the 600, the 650, and now the 700p. I'm such a sucker for these crappy phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I don't think it matters if you have 3rd party software running in the background. I think it can be determined by any application on your device. I don't have any 3rd party apps running in the background but I have a dozen apps...not as much as many on this forum but I have my share, and the last two rev updates worked first time thru the air dialing *2. When it prompt me it was complete...I was good to go when I checked my info.
    well all i can say is that there were over 25 attempts, with at least 5 after a soft rest and the only one that worked was the one that had a hard reset just before dialing *2 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    well all i can say is that there were over 25 attempts, with at least 5 after a soft rest and the only one that worked was the one that had a hard reset just before dialing *2 again.
    Hopefully by the next update you don't have to go thru this if this is some type of annomoly...nock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I was having this problem for 2 weeks now. FINALLY I decided to disable Ringo Pro, Uninstall Manager, and Volume Care. Well guess what? As soon as I did this the PRL update worked 1st shot. One of these apps was the culprit!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The soft reset is the trick to this. I got my account flagged this morning and called in. The system said I needed an update and it appeared to work. I check the PRL and it was 20221. I then soft reset the phone and called *2 again. This time I was told I needed an update again and a little box on the Treo came up said it was doing something, then it said SPL unlocked, then PRL download good and finally commit successful.

Joe
    Gang-

I just attempted an update with my VZW 700p-I'm pretty sure it worked, and I'm now at:

PRL Rev: 50603

Can someone else confirm that this is the latest PRL for Verizon?

Thanks all,

-split
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    sorry its taking me a little while on the requests, we had a callout yesterday and I was busy almost the entire day....i am working again today so I'm gonna try to get to all the requests
    Great Bumble ...... did you get my email?? (John D. xxx-xxx-3322)
    thank you bumble. work like a charm, have to try twice tho.

Here is the best way to do it:
    After the acc was flagged, soft reset before call *2
    if it's working there should be a pop up during call saying ''SPL unlocked'' then when done there should be another popup say ''PRL update complete''
    no need to soft reset afterward for me.
    I had no problem with downloading the prl and installing it. That being said, has anyone noticed any sorts of improvements? I can't say that its done anything for my SMS lag issue or anything else that a carrier patch MIGHT possibly address...
    I think all the PRL updates does is update any cell tower changes/locations. It is not intended to patch anything.
    I'm going to NC and FL in 3 week, and I know in NC they are big AllTel area so I need this PRL update so I can try this new DATA roaming between AllTel and Sprint. Hopefully it will work.
    Bumble - Thanks for your efforts. It took a few tries but the update finally took!!
    Got it in 4 (tries) ... no big deal, piece o cake. Thanks for your help Bumble!!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast