Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Just send Sprint an e-mail and then after they e-mail back that you got the update - dial *2 on the phone to get it. Easy.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I had my prl updated but it only went to 20221. it was at 20217. how come it didn't get 20223?

I downloaded the prl from pdaphonehome 6700's forum, I was going to install it manually but ##plr# doesn't work with the treo. is there any other way to install manually.
    I sent several (many) e-mails back and forth and they denied it was available. I finally said I have friends with 20223 could they just flag my account. They did but after I *2-ed and it ran the update I was still at 20222...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    When you update, make sure you're not using a bluetooth headset. It only worked when I stopped using mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    When you update, make sure you're not using a bluetooth headset. It only worked when I stopped using mine.
    Good point...I thought that possibly could be an issue. As I have said ealier, I have just been lucky or something...my last 3 PRL updates thru the air went first try every time.
    at&t iPhone3G
    It took me quite awhle to get the PRL update "dialed in."

The first call to customer service resulted in the woman telling me that I wasn't "due" for a PRL update. Spent about 15 minutes on hold to hear that one...

I called back and was routed to three different people; apparently the result of a problem with their PHONE SYSTEM. Hello? Irony? I almost spit my coffee on my computer when they said that.... Another 30 minutes.

Finally, I wound up with someone in tech support who said the magic words, "No problem."

After I was assigned the update, it took about 8 "*2" tries before it actually kicked in. I noticed there were screen popups regarding the process on the Treo the time it worked.

No noticeable change in reception afterwards, BTW...

Cheers -
    Larry Z.
    Last edited by LZMutant; 08/11/2006 at 03:25 AM.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    OCD?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Another denial today --
    Dear Gary,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to confirm that the phone does not need any PRL update as
    of now. You can also visit a store to get your phone checked. You can
    find nearest Sprint store by clicking on the following hyperlink:

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/

The web page also reflects phone numbers of the stores. Please contact
    the store before visiting to confirm the availability of the promotion.

I appreciate you emailing us today.

L-----
    This is with me sending messages like:
    I'm under the impression the PRL update 20223 is out (people have
    told me they have gotten it)?

Can I get flagged for an update and see what I get?

Thank you,
    Gary
    and also from yesterda

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your reply.

Per our records the latest PRL version is PRL 20222 and not 20223.
    Hence, no update is required on your phone.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

P----
    They did flag me once, but it didn't change me from the 20222 I currently had...

Those are just some of the final conclusions. Not all the intermediate ones where they denied it over and over.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    I know this will be a mistake ... but anyone that has issues getting there account flagged for a prl update, send me an email to matthew.s.bloom <at> sprint.com with your cell number. I just started working for sprint again as a RCC. Im only part time, and will be there from 6pm-9pm tonight and tomorrow. Ill be more than happy to flag some accounts when its not busy.
    To make it easier for me to get into the accounts, please email me the number as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX. I'll finish up any requests from yesturday, plus the new ones tonight when its not busy.
    Gary,

If you dial *2 again, does it tell you that an upgrade is still available? If so, it may take several tries (read posts above) for the update to stick.
    Has anyone in the bay area updated to this PRL and seen any EVDO speed increase decrease?
    I am travelling to NC this coming week. Called Sprint, and they pushed the PRL 20223 down without question. Talked to the Customer Service Rep, told her I travel for business, and 5 minutes later, I was in business. I hope this PRL may address Alltel data roaming. NC is a big Alltel territory.

I know that I will get Sprint phone coverage, but EVDO was not shown in the coverage area , based on where I am going. Hopefully this update will allow Alltel EVDO data roaming in that area.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    If someone could let me know in the next few hours if when i flagged there account whether it worked or not, that would be great. While i have no problem flagging accounts when im not busy, i don't want to be waisting my time if its not working.

Again, tonight im working tonight 6-9 EST

Thank you
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I got a fairly responsive rep this morning who put me on hold a couple of times until my account was flagged. I was able to call back almost immediately, but the first two times the update wouldn't start, so I waited a while and just before I decided to try again, I decided I would soft reset my phone. I used mReset and then immediately called, and this time, the update popup showed up while the message was playing and the programming finished well before the system said everything was complete.

Therefore my guidelines for getting the update are:
    1. Dial *2, ask Claire for "PRL Update" to get transferred to a rep. Get your phone number flagged for the update. Stay on the line, explicitly giving your current PRL number as well as the new PRL number that you are trying to be updated to.
    2. Soft reset the phone.
    3. Dial *2 and put it on speakerphone so you can watch your display. Immediately AFTER the message for Spanish speakers and BEFORE the message regarding your current balance, the system should acknowledge that it has "detected that an update is necessary for your phone". If not, return to step 1. If so, while that message is playing, a popup should show up and indicate that it is receiving an update and then doing the update. When it's finished, an OK acknowledgment will show up. At this point you can clear the message and hangup.
    Something wrong with Sprint's system...it took me 6 times dialing *2 & downloading the PRL, on the 6th one I got it. First time I've had problems doing OTA, useally works great....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    just before I decided to try again, I decided I would soft reset my phone.
    Thanks for the tip. The soft reset immediately before calling *2 made all the difference. Previously it would say it was updating, but never displayed message boxes, and PRL 20221 remained. After a soft reset, calling *2 resulted in the same audio message, but this time with the message boxes. And PRL 20223 is onboard.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    My wife has a Sanyo Sprint phone. Should her PRL be the same as the Treo (20223?) It shows PRL 10034 even after updating.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    My wife has a Sanyo Sprint phone. Should her PRL be the same as the Treo (20223?) It shows PRL 10034 even after updating.
    i do belive the 2xxxx numbers are for evdo type phones and 1xxxx for regular 1x phones
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Well, it took 4 calls to Sprint reps before it worked. After the first three, I'd call *2 and just get Claire. Seems my phone wasn't properly flagged. (I even waited hours.) But after the 4th call, *2 got me the message that my phone was scheduled for an update and the transfer worked just as it should. I even used my bluetooth headset for the call. Menu-I now says that I am at 20223.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    I know this will be a mistake ... but anyone that has issues getting there account flagged for a prl update, send me an email to matthew.s.bloom <at> sprint.com with your cell number. I just started working for sprint again as a RCC. Im only part time, and will be there from 6pm-9pm tonight and tomorrow. Ill be more than happy to flag some accounts when its not busy.

BUMBLE...

You are the man!!! Thanks for the quick update!!!

~JOVE
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast