1.    #1  
    I hate the way Palm is pushing this memory hog to people with Treo 650, which is starved for RAM. Addit cannot be installed to the card, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

I purchsed the Astraware Games Bundle
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    which required the installation of Addit, and installed all the games to the RAM!!

Moving the games (Copy followed by delete_from_phone) to the SD card removed the registration information.

I would not have purchsed this is they had mentioned the crap that goes into installing the games bundle!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Addit can be installed to the card if you use a 3rd party launcher, though it does take some time to install, as the installation is something like 11+ files.
    Ben
  3.    #3  
    Nah. I removed Addit and have e-mailed Palm to send me the registration codes for the games.

Let's see if they respond.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    It really is bloatware. I do think though it is a step better than On Demand. Ben
    I thought all that junk was placed in the "other" 64M of ram that the 700P (presumably this is what you have?) has that's otherwise unsable?

I don't keep up with the 700P but I'm sure someone has come up with a way to use that space, or will someday.
  6.    #6  
    I have a lowley Treo 650 :-(
    In the 700p, it is built into the ROM, from what I understand ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Sheesh, would there be any ram left in the Treo if one added some AddIt stuff, VersaMail 3.5, etc, ?
    Yep, the base files are. I deleted those in ram and On Demand will no longer launch. I have kept My Treo and did upgrade to the latest release from Palm. An interesting thing though, even though it says "My Treo" in the launch screen, it is positioned where "AddIt" would go. I altered the name with ZLauncher to AddIt and when the "A" key is pressed, it still comes up to another app. Oh, well. Ben