1.    #1  
    I went from a 600 straight to a 700p. I'm so impressed by the display. The resolution is so much better. But what I'm even happier about is how well I can see everything on the screen on the sunniest of sunny days!

Maybe the 650 screen was similar to the 700 and it's not that big a deal, but coming from a 600, I'm very happy!

p.s. I know this is a fairly pointless post. I got tired of reading all the complaints and wanted to post something happy!
    ^I agree with everything you said. But I would like to add that my excitement with the 700P pales in comparison when I got the 600. Almost 3 yrs and it is still a workhorse. My son has it now and he has become a treo convert.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I agree, the screen is a huge improvement from the Treo 600 days. The 650 and 700 seems to share the scame screen type, but it's very good. And, it's an even higher resolution than the 700w!

I remember when I very briefly tried the Treo 300. It was an okay phone (although the earpiece on the flip was a little awkward), but the dealbreaker was the screen. I had to spend a morning in the sun once, and the fact that I couldn't see anything on the screen was a real disappointment.

Then the 600 came out and I went tot he store, and held it in my hand. It was a great phone... except for, again, the screen. So I passed.

Then finally the 650 came out and I was hooked again.

Granted, the 650/700p screen still isn't *excellent* in the sun, but it's readable, and plenty bright in most situations.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    I agree when i went from the 300 to the 600 i was impressed with the form factor, when i went from the 600 to the 650 i was blown away by the display, when i went from the 650 to the 700p i was blown away by the Price.
    I was using my Treo in direct sunlight today, and even was reading an ebook. I don't remember being able to do that with my 650. I was quite impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    I was using my Treo in direct sunlight today, and even was reading an ebook. I don't remember being able to do that with my 650. I was quite impressed.
    I agree. I can remember being in direct sunlight and not being able to read my 650. I don't have that problem with the 700. Thought they had the same screen, so I am confused as to the difference. Maybe I just imagined it. Now I have to find someone who has a 650 to do a side by side comparison. Mine is long gone on Ebay.