Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think that about once a week we see a posting that could loosely be construed as someone looking for advice on how to keep a nosey wife/girlfriend/significant other from learning too much about our private lives via our trusty Treo.

I have therefore determined that there is a (growing) market for a software product that does the following:

Parses SMS and MMS messages into separate programs - one with family members and the other - that can be located into the seldom used "Utility" directory - for texts from preconfigured numbers or unrecognized numbers.

Takes those same phone numbers and prohibits them from appearing in either the call log or the conveniently incriminating pulldown menus.

Offers an alternative contacts list that doesn't sync to the computer at home, and is accessed on the Treo using a quickkey combination.

Hmmmm. What other "features" would people like to see? How about "No warning for text messages or phone calls arriving from certain numbers between certain times (9PM-9AM) or dates (vacation)"

I think this program should be called "StifleIt!"
    Serious or sarcasm?
    But just being loyal fixes all/most of those problems though
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I'd like to have more customized control over the "enable privacy" feature as it relates to receiving SMS messages. That is, turn it on for some users & off for others. But that has nothing to do with hiding things from others, it's just a matter of keeping inappropriate messages my buddies send me from popping up while I'm in a meeting at work.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh
    ...it's just a matter of keeping inappropriate messages my buddies send me from popping up while I'm in a meeting at work.
    I believe you. I swear I believe you!
    Interesting.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    i would kill simply to have a toggle to hide notifications for awhile or something... I get some inappropriate text messages, mid conversation, someone jacks my phone... they get the next message... less than fresh
    how about a setting that you can enable or disable so that calls from those pre-configured hidden numbers go directly to VM and a txt msg is sent to them saying "Can't talk now..." or "Code Red!".

Yes fidelity is one option, but not a fun one. lol. Besides this is for when calls come in when I'm at work. I swear it is!!!
    It could be the Palm Limited Access to Your Applications program aka P.L.A.Y.A
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite

I LOVE IT !!!!! I want that program..... lol
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    How about just telling people to lay off your phone.
    it would be much easier to just live in such a way that you don't have to look over your shoulder... secrets kill...
    I think I've read about something similar before. Some guy with multiple girlfriends got a txt message on his Treo while he was with this other chick and she read it in front of the guy and he got in trouble. Phrases such as, "I can't wait to see you again, love Amber" got this guy in trouble and he asked if there was a program what would disable txt msgs from poping up if it was from a hide popup list.
    I don't know, but I don't think I need such a thing. Though it might have been a good tool back in the days...

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett
    How about just telling people to lay off your phone.
    obviously you are single....
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    LightWav can take care of the phone calls and SMS messages... Works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    LightWav can take care of the phone calls and SMS messages... Works great!
    Link?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I believe its: http://toysoft.ca
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite

OH MY ROTFLMAO
    This is easy to solve - It's called "don't let anyone touch your Treo (or phone or computer)". No wife, girlfriends, etc.

If you can do that, then you are just a wuss and deserve whatever henpecking you get.

Keeping stuff private is very easy. It just take a little thought.

keep it on silent mode.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    This is easy to solve - It's called "don't let anyone touch your Treo (or phone or computer)". No wife, girlfriends, etc.

If you can do that, then you are just a wuss and deserve whatever henpecking you get.

Keeping stuff private is very easy. It just take a little thought.

keep it on silent mode.

Easier said than done - in fact, this bit of bad advice is what led me to create this thread. The problem with the Treo and its candybar design is that UNLESS you remember to turn off all your notifications, when you get a text message or receive a call the notification AND the message are right there - on the kitching counter, the dining room table, the bedroom dresser - in plain view. Eyes don't even need to pry - they simply need to glance down...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast