Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Oops. I was looking for the Treo discussion forum. I have obviously stumbled across the trio forum.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Kabuki,

Text messages that say "Sweetie?" Um, that's a little more friendly than most BF would like.

"99% of my friends are guys because I don't get along with girls" is another great line used by the flirty set.

Face it - you are a flirt and want to have some fun. Hiding you aspring writer materials? GMAFB. No one would care, unless your novel is about a woman who has SMS sex chats...I guess that might raise your BF's ire.

Now, I'm all for you protect what you want to be private, but let's not have a double standard. If you have it, then he could have it.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Kabuki,
    No one would care, unless your novel is about a woman who has SMS sex chats...
    One of the bugs I have noticed with the 700p is that - a couple of days after having a steamy SMS exchange with my girlfriend - when I reread the messages later, they aren't nearly as TITILATING as when the actual interaction was happening. Has anyone else noticed this on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    One of the bugs I have noticed with the 700p is that - a couple of days after having a steamy SMS exchange with my girlfriend - when I reread the messages later, they aren't nearly as TITILATING as when the actual interaction was happening. Has anyone else noticed this on the 700p?
    I noticed the same thing after a steamy SMS exchange with your girlfriend. I have a 650 though.
  5.    #45  
    SLAM! Now that's what I call an OVERLAY patch
    The advice contained in this post is not a very moral or virtuous way of behaving. If you are a feminist, or some puffball of a "man" who believes that your only duty is to fulfill a woman's every need, this is where you stop reading.

Guys Guys Guys,

First of all i gotta say to all you cafones, who think think your ethics and morale is gonna help us, FORGET IT.
    Sorry for the players among you that beleive they can change, it's in your blood, so forget about it.

That being said, for all you guys who are lookin for a solution to your problem i.e a nosey girlfriend, and do NOT want to give up your mistress(es), i have a partial solution.

Many app proclaim they "lock" application, the problem is that with those app you can easely pass by them, by e.g when you get a "private message", tapping on the asterix top left corner. = not good.

So first of, for those who are not plannin on buyin a new SIM/phone for GF's:

- CALLFILTER: prevents ( way better then any other app) MSG popups from any category you wish. e.g "technical support" (if you know whatta mean).
    Prevents popups from unknown number, and specific number. The good part about it is that you can receive other msg just fine, so your wife/GF will still hear the msg sound from time to time.

-SECUREX: truly secures an app. NO WAY to get in via asterix or any other button except your code or secquence.

That's it for today guys,

Ciao
    Correct me if I'm wrong but on the 700P, you could just set it so the SMS does not display. It would just sound the alert to let you know there's a message waiting and flashes the bell.

In my case, my whole family knows that the Treo has my life in it and it's private. Nobody touches it. I respect other people's privacy so they respect mine. I have everyone trained in that regard. Plus, I have nothing to hide.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    you have to train people that your Treo is not to be otuched, as your "work" is on it, andit gets hosed, you lose job/money/time.

If they are nosey, them you need to address that separately.

i've already outlined how to deal with that earlier in the thread.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    The Boss:
    >>SECUREX: truly secures an app. NO WAY to get in via asterix or any other button except your code or secquence.<< Where did you find this? I would love to see if that is the app I need to feel comfortable to storing work info on.

As far as keeping significant other from looking at your phone, just start going through her purse a couple times when she is walking into the room. If she gets mad at you, turn around and say "I am only treating you the way you treat me. It's only fair." That should end any further issue with her picking up your phone randomly. AND NO, I am not saying the Treo is a man's purse, I am saying it is the MAN'S CAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still think that being loyal is a better answer. (Its a cheaper route too )
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    ciao tutti,

For all of yous, who haven't learned about "google" yet, here's the link to toysoft's secureX. SecureX works with palm OS 3.5 and higher.

http://www.toysoft.ca/security.html

That's it for today cavemen,

Ciao
  12.    #52  
    The problems with locking apps is that they make it IMMEDIATELY clear that you have something to hide. This isn't about locking the phone, and its not about "setting appropriate boundaries" within your relationship. Its about creating an app that gracefully conceils text messages, call logs and incoming events in a way that does not arrouse suspition. In fact - the perfect app would be one that properly configured would allow me to hand off my Treo to my girlfriend to use for the afternoon without fear...
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    ciao tutti,

For all of yous, who haven't learned about "google" yet, here's the link to toysoft's secureX. SecureX works with palm OS 3.5 and higher.

http://www.toysoft.ca/security.html

That's it for today cavemen,

Ciao
    While you are correct about Google, and I being an avid googler, I was just left a bit witless about this app and had to instantly react rather than rely to my own "devices".

Thanks for the link, I am going to toysoft right now. Hopefully it works better than Lightwav for the 700p. (Worked great on my 650, but has caused several resets on the 700p for some reason.
    Ciao tutti,

in respond to what our friend, and subject starter Lucas Kay just said, i'd like to point out a couple of things. All of you guys want something you can't get.

What you want is the security and guarentee that when you pass your precious to your wife or GF, she won't find out about your secrets. I'm not talkin about a strong feeling, i'm talking about a guarentee she won't get passed your system. That being said, of course it would be better if if if, but you can't have the rainbow without the rain my friend.

Bear in mind, that what is hidden, is not a 100% safe from nobody. That's why you need a application like secureX for instance. You want that peace of mind...

And know this, the minute you start thinking like all these bastardos out there who got caught because they didn't think it through all the way, is probably the minute youre wife is gonne have your coglioni (balls) in her hands.

That's it for today guys,

Ciao
    Last edited by The Boss; 09/01/2006 at 09:09 AM.
    Wish I wouldve stumbled onto this forum earlier... I have some thoughts about the perfect app. Like Keefer Lucas says, the purpose and appeal of an app like this would be to conceal certain items from ANYONE who might pry or stumble across info you keep on your trusty Treo. I may want to allow my brother or good friend to look at somethings on my phone. Or my co-worker may need to use my phone for whatever reason. I have a Treo, one of the most desirable and capable convergence instruments and I should be able to show it off or allow it to be used in one way or another! And since we all carry personal info on our devices, there should be a way to conceal this...and this is what I propose:

1) Incorporate a profile manager that allows you to create profiles
    2) Hides and/or masks contacts in the database
    3) Suppresses/Masks SMS/MMS/Phone Alerts
    4) Hides a specific category (defined by user) of photos/videos, Apps, Call Log, Internet History, & Calendar Appointments
    5) Incorporate a quick-key launch, Password protection, and a dummy (alias) App interface (so no one can tell you have the App)

That would benefit not only Pimps, Playas, and cheaters, but also the common folk who has sensative info and doesnt want to have to hide their device from anyone!
    This thread sucks! It does nothing for me except highlight just how completely boring my life is. What would a program like P.L.A.Y.A do me? Maybe save me the embarassment of someone finding out that I've had about five text messages in the last so many months and half of them were from Sprint reminding me that my payment is past due.
    Why not date your wife then it doesnt matter if she finds out. . . . and I have PLENTY of fun with mine! (wife that is)
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeagle View Post
    Why not date your wife then it doesnt matter if she finds out. . . . and I have PLENTY of fun with mine! (wife that is)
    I dont think this is just for people hiding stuff from their spouse/significant other. Its for people who want some sort of privacy when others use their Treo's. Pre-paid phones are good options for those with bad credit/no credit/commitment issues but drug dealers and terrorists use them! What you do with it is your bidness!
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    This thread sucks! It does nothing for me except highlight just how completely boring my life is. What would a program like P.L.A.Y.A do me? Maybe save me the embarassment of someone finding out that I've had about five text messages in the last so many months and half of them were from Sprint reminding me that my payment is past due.
    Have you heard of online dating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    Have you heard of online dating?
    Tried that... ended up meeting a balding 40 year old named Hector (which reminds me, if you're ever approached by someone with the screen name BustyLatina69 press ignore).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast