1.    #1  
    I was wondering, if I upgrade from my VZW 650 to a 700P do I need to do anything fancy or just plug in the phone to my desktop and sync? Do I just install all my 3rd party software (express) and plug in all my info and the 3rd party stuff will work on my new 700P? Does it have EVDO (high speed web) and does it have better recption that the 650? Does the treo 650 batteries work in the new 700P and all accessories? Thanks, sorry so many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    I was wondering, if I upgrade from my VZW 650 to a 700P do I need to do anything fancy or just plug in the phone to my desktop and sync?
    Most people recommend starting with a clean install. Change the name on your backup file. There are a number of threads on this board that address this issue in detail. Search using the following terms: upgrade 650 700

Do I just install all my 3rd party software (express) and plug in all my info and the 3rd party stuff will work on my new 700P?
    Some (perhaps many) programs have been updated to work on the 700P. There are several threads on this board where people list those programs that work, those that don't, and those that need to be updated to the current version. A couple of these threads are "sticky" and appear at the top of the list.

Does it have EVDO (high speed web)
    Yes

and does it have better recption that the 650?
    Some think so, others don't. I haven't noticed better reception.

Does the treo 650 batteries work in the new 700P
    No.

and all accessories?
    Yes

Thanks, sorry so many questions.
    Remember the search feature. It really helps.

Kelly
    The battery from the 650 does work in the 700(P and W).
    The battery - I just checked my 650, 700p and 700w - all have the same battery. Ben