1.    #1  
    I am having trouble figuring this out because there is too much information here and not enough elsewhere.

What are the limitations of BBC (as implemented for Treo 650) vs. BB? For example, I understand that not all IT policies that are enforced for BB can be enforced for BBC, but I am uncertain as to which ones.

Thanks for your help. I am trying to get my coporate IT folks to allow this so I need to feed them 100% full, accurate inforamtion.
    Last edited by westronic; 08/09/2006 at 04:02 PM.
    If you have OWA access and just need mail, you could try ChatterEmail with the EX plugin; no IT involvement is required.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I am having trouble figuring this out because thers is too much information here and not enough elsewhere.

What are the limitations of BBC (as implemented for Treo 650) vs. BB? For example, I understand that not all IT policies that are enforced for BB can be enforced for BBC, but I am uncertain as to which ones.

Thanks for your help. I am trying to get my coporate IT folks to allow this so I need to feed them 100% full, accurate inforamtion.
    Westronic, tell your IT folks to go to BlackBerry.com, log in using their support account info, and look up knowledgebase article KB-04703: What Is - Feature comparison for Palm Treo 650 with BlackBerry Connect. The article is too long to quote in detail here, and it does not seem to be available in the general public KB.

The security-specific policies that BBC is supposed to support are:

End-to-end security
    Triple DES encryption support
    Kill handheld
    Lock handheld
    Password required
    Set owner information

I have never been able to get "Lock handheld" and "Password required" to work, however. Kill handheld definitely works and performs a hard reset of the T650.

Hope this helps.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Chris. That is just the information I was seeking, and even coupled with a little practical experience, too. Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Westronic, tell your IT folks ...