Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Ok as much as I hate to admit it.

I was getting garbled sound quality on my 650 with the bluetooth - ok we all know that. Got the 700P - love it but guess what, bluetooth didn't sound good.

After weeks or denial, I finally called Verizon on the issue. NO SAY IT ISN'T SO!

The 700p has a known problem with the bluetooth! OH NO! They are sending me a new phone and let's just hope. What is UP with Palm!?!

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    My bt works great on my 650...Im not sure what exactly happens when these units get shipped out. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    You're one of the first I've heard from who has a GOOD BT on a 650. Hey I like that Marine quote...
    Mine even works with my Moto bt 820 headset (which is even more rare.) :-)

Thanks.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I dont think most 650 users know what "works" means. mine will "work" if it is on the same side of my body and all the stars are lined up correctly. (and this is my third one)

A buddy has BlueTooth on a Verizon XV 6700. He can walk out of a classroom into a hall and still do tech support with the phone laying on a desk next to a computer monitor.

Thats how it is supposed to "work".
    I did not understand how bad mine was until the other day
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    That's true - it 'works' it links up, but the sound quality is awful. When I pair the headset to my MOTO razr - the thing is crystal clear and like you said, I can wonder all the hell around the place.

I'll let you know what happens when the new 700P arrives.
    Are there any updates to remedy this? I am having a problem with my BT too. I just got the new plantronics 640 something or other. Again if its not on the same side of my body then its pretty crappy.
    I agree that mine gets static if on the other side of my body but whats weird is I can leave it on my desk, walk across the hall and hear my headset ring, answer and carry on the conversation fine a good 20 feet away through two walls.

The only time someone claims they cant hear me on my headset is if its windy (or Im going REALLY fast) on my mountain bike.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    No remedy that I have found or heard of....
    Get a different BT headset. There are HUGE differences between them and what works well with one model of phone won't work well with a different model of phone.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I've tried at least 5 - literally 5. Fortunately, they all work GREAT on my wife's phone, and my other Moto phone...