1.    #1  
    Alright folks, I've noticed that my treo 650 (verizon) will reset after I sync with my computer. It never used to do this, but recently started to do so. Anyone know of the reason? The only "aftermarket" program I have is RingoPro which I have had since day 3 of my phone (now going on 6 months).

Also, my Documents2Go is acting up. Anytime I tried to access a document through it, it would reset as well. Again, never really did that until recently.

Any ideas??
    With DTG, you probably have a messed up index. Have you moved its apps to the card? If you can, delete all of it, do a soft reset and reinstall it - making sure you move its apps to the card.

As for resetting, the DB cache gets a heavy work out with a backup. You might look at Butler, it locks things in memory and is well supported. Also look at Resco Lock, it locks things in memory too, but not greatly supported. I would look at how much free memory you have on the device and work at getting it up to around 8+mb; much below that and you will get resets. There are some great third party launchers that go a long way toward freeing up memory. You should also look at a utility to monitor and clear your DB cache as needed.

I went from a Treo 650 that reset all the time to no resets in about a month. I pay close attention to the screen that is displayed when I activate my Treos.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    I'm pretty sure my phone's internal memory is sufficient. The only way I know how to check it is with the quick install program. As far as DTG, I have deleted everything and will try to reinstall the program itself.

Thanks for your input. Anyone else got anything for me???
    Well, I'll just add to your horror story and say good luck!

I had the same problem, and worked with DataViz email support for weeks trying to resolve. I finally manually uninstalled (they publish a list of files) on both my Treo 650 and my WinXP PC.

I switched to OfficeSuite and like it better anyway.

To this day I still have a small 80 byte file named DocsToGo which I can't make go away. I can delete it, but it returns every time I hotsync. I no longer run their conduit, and I have scoured my desktop computer for ANYTHING with a similar name to no avail (yes, I searched all directories including the \Program Files\palmone tree).

Sigh. I hope you fare better!

Best regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    do you have the list of files you deleted? If so, please post it. I would LOVE to rid myself of all the DTG files I can.

To get rid of that 80b file, rewrite the title of your packup file on your computer to backup old, and the program will creat a new packup file automatically when you hotsync.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    do you have the list of files you deleted? If so, please post it. I would LOVE to rid myself of all the DTG files I can.

To get rid of that 80b file, rewrite the title of your packup file on your computer to backup old, and the program will creat a new packup file automatically when you hotsync.
    Here's a doc from their support site with all their application file names. They emailed me a more complete list way back when this happened but I don't seem to have it any more.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13426&pid=2000

Thanks for the info! I'll try that next time I hotsync.

Hope this helps,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint