1.    #1  
    I am using VersaMail v3.0c I just performed a Hard Reset yesterday and I am still having the same problems with Versamail.

When I hit the "Get" button to retrieve new messages the status bar shows "Getting message 1 of 3" or however many their are. It will retrieve the first message and then say error retrieving message. I hit "Get" again and it goes to "Getting message 1 of 2" and the same thing happens gets one message then the error saying error retrieving message. I have to hit the "Get" button for every message on the server it will not get them all at one time, even though it looks as if it is trying to.

The messages that I am downloading are from the Sprint servers. Here is how I have my setting for the Sprint server set up:

Mail Service: SprintPCS
    Protocol: POP
    Username: *******
    Password: *******
    Email Address: ******@sprintpcs.com
    Incoming Mail Server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.spintpcs.com
    I have not Changed anything in the Advanced Section

Didn't know if it was something that I had set wrong or if other people were experiencing these problems as well.

Thanks for anyones help!
    Sprint
    Treo 755p
    v1.04
    I was havng the same problem. Reset the timeout from 60 seconds to 120 seconds and increased the file size......no more problems.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I have the same problem.
    I do "GET"
    It says retrieving 1 of 3 (or however many there are)
    and it downloads 1, and says "The message could not be retrieved, please try again"
    I click GET again, and it says retrieving 1 of 2
    downloads 1 msg, and says the same error.
    click GET again, and it says retrieving 1 of 1
    downloads 1 msg, no error, all done.
    I have version 3.5.1
    I have upped my message size to 1000kb
    Also upped my timeout to 120 seconds (although the time to click GET, to the time i download the email and get the first error is less than 5 seconds).
    .... any other ideas on how to fix this issue?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Deleted the Sprint Versamail account.
    Created a new one.
    So far, this has worked... we'll see how long it lasts.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    It bothered me why creating a new account would fix the problem. It will Fix it by the way. It does it because of the default options on a new account. The real problem is that Versamail doesn't deal correctly with deleting mail from the server after downloading. If you go into prefferences->server and check the "Leave Mail on server after downloading to VersaMail" This problem will be resolved. You will probably want to check the "Delete Mail on server after deleting from Versamail" to ensure you Email on your providers server doesn't grow too full.