1.    #1  
    Hopefully I can save some people some aggravation.

If you keep getting this error and are at wits end as I was, simply go into TomTom and "reboot" it by clicking on the "Exit Application" button on the 3rd Menu screen.

This finally did it. For some reason, it's not enough to soft reset the device or to exit TomTom via clicking on another button on the phone. Maybe someone more technical than I can explain... is this how TomTom's cache is cleared or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeanto
    Hopefully I can save some people some aggravation.

If you keep getting this error and are at wits end as I was, simply go into TomTom and "reboot" it by clicking on the "Exit Application" button on the 3rd Menu screen.

This finally did it. For some reason, it's not enough to soft reset the device or to exit TomTom via clicking on another button on the phone. Maybe someone more technical than I can explain... is this how TomTom's cache is cleared or something?
    Different solution. After talking to TomTom tech support, I got a can of the contact cleaner from Radio Shack. When this problem shows up, I spray the contacts on the Treo and the cradle, and clean them with the brush. So far, has worked each time I needed it.

John