1.    #1  
    i carry my treo in my pocket it all the time and when i first got it i decided to get one of the rubber skin cases because i didnt want to add much bulk to the device. after a few months im sick of how hard it is to put it in a remove it from my pocket and i dont like how it makes the treo so much bigger. ive been carrying it naked for the past few days and love how much smaller it feels. im looking for either a skin/shield type case such as best skin ever, egrips or invisible shield...and any input on which of these people like best would be greatly appreciated. also i'd like to know if anyone has found a different type of case that they like which isnt rubbery and adds basically no bulk.....thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    i carry my treo in my pocket it all the time and when i first got it i decided to get one of the rubber skin cases because i didnt want to add much bulk to the device. after a few months im sick of how hard it is to put it in a remove it from my pocket and i dont like how it makes the treo so much bigger. ive been carrying it naked for the past few days and love how much smaller it feels. im looking for either a skin/shield type case such as best skin ever, egrips or invisible shield...and any input on which of these people like best would be greatly appreciated. also i'd like to know if anyone has found a different type of case that they like which isnt rubbery and adds basically no bulk.....thanks a lot

I vote for E-grips. They last a long time and the grip protection is awesome!
    I brought the invisible shield from bestskinever, haven't put it on.
    (I decided to register in order to answer this one...)

The BestSkinsEver protective "layer" is probably the best if you need to keep the protection thin, but want to guard against scratches, etc. It, however, won't do much to guard against impacts, if that is important to you.

The one thing to note, however, is that the piece that is to be used on the screen is a bit annoying. Although it can be put on without any airbubbles, it does show dipples from moderate stylus tapping use. It also does not permit smooth sliding of the stylus (i.e. for scrolling). I ended up removing the piece from the screen, and keeping it everywhere else......much better solution.
    I like the Bestskinsever.com skin + a covertech case. If you are looking for just a skin to protect against scratches, the BSE skin is great - it adds zero to the dimensions of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ipod sock or baby socks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I vote for E-grips. They last a long time and the grip protection is awesome!
    does egrips have that rubbery feel like my skin case does? also is it hard to put in and take out of your pocket with egrips on?
    I bought lockline insurance. I never really liked condoms.
    the BSE gives u great grip as well, i would state go with that ..cheap as well
    i used the screen protector and placed around antenna

get that and like a horizontal case, will meet all ya needs
    I used Egrips with my 600 for 2 years and was very satisfied. I tried a few cases with my 700p, but at the end, purchased Egrips again. I am not sure which rubbery skin case you have, but the grip (rubbery feel) on Egrips is in a different class altogether. They significantly reduce the chances of you dropping the phone. Like me, if you prefer to keep your treo case-free and you want some level of protection from falls, Egrips is the way to go.

I keep my treo in my right pants pocket and have no problems whatsoever taking it out or putting it in. In fact, without egrips, the phone used to slip out too easily. Also, they go on pretty easily (though it is a bit tricky to put them on without touching the sticky side).

The only problem I see is that if you have to replace your phone (I am on my second 700p - first one fell out of my hands, with a ClearCase), removing egrips and putting them back on the new phone may work only once. If you have to replace your phone a second time, you may have to buy another egrips. But for $13, its well worth it.

I have not tried BSE or invisible shield, but I cannot imagine them having better grip than egrips. Maybe others can comment on the comparison or there may be an existing forum here.
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    (I decided to register in order to answer this one...)

The BestSkinsEver protective "layer" is probably the best if you need to keep the protection thin, but want to guard against scratches, etc. It, however, won't do much to guard against impacts, if that is important to you.

The one thing to note, however, is that the piece that is to be used on the screen is a bit annoying. Although it can be put on without any airbubbles, it does show dipples from moderate stylus tapping use. It also does not permit smooth sliding of the stylus (i.e. for scrolling). I ended up removing the piece from the screen, and keeping it everywhere else......much better solution.
    I love my BSE skin and yes it protects the phone from scratches. I use the BoxWave screen protector and the combination works out great.
    Palm 700P (Sprint) <- Audiovox SMT5600 (AT&T/Cingular) <- Sanyo PM-8200 (Sprint) <- Sanyo 4900 <- LG 5250
  12.    #12  
    which "skin" would be the best way to go for protection from falls?