Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anyone install this update? Notice any changes?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...update650.html
    Apparently the change is that there are no more data stalls experienced by customers using background data applications, such as GoodLink, on Sprint Treo 650 smartphones.

I put it on yesterday. Haven't noticed anything.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I put on last Sunday Aug 6 and I can report the Treo is nothing was broken by the patch. It may be wishful thinking that Chatter Mail seems to be working better. Now when I open the application, it does not need to re-logon as it did before. This makes me think that Sprint was dropping the network before patch.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I had nothing but crashes with it installed and had to remove it. I was completely stable before that (my Treo that is).
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    How did you remove this patch? I believe the patch is to radio and even a hard reset will not remove this patch. May be reinstalling 1.13a Update may reload radio code.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I installed it as well, haven't really noticed a change yet but I have not really done any heavy browsing yet either.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    How did you remove this patch? I believe the patch is to radio and even a hard reset will not remove this patch. May be reinstalling 1.13a Update may reload radio code.
    It's a PRC that can be deleted through the default launcher's menu delete.