Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    I want a web plugin for flash!
    I agree. I want video.google.com and youtube.com and... oh yeah... just about EVERY website on the internet! almost everything now has flash on it.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I think what we need is something that downloads the video to our Treo and launches Flash to play it. Is this feasable?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    The link I provided talks about those issues.. There is a list of apps that need to be added to the "ignore" list. Turn off "Fields" for those apps and they should start to work again. (I believe its "field" that needs to be turned off).
    I searched the forum but have not found a solution. Turning off all the effects settings still doesn't help. Again the issue is not in the camera function but when viewing your pics. Thanks for the tip however.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I searched the forum but have not found a solution. Turning off all the effects settings still doesn't help. Again the issue is not in the camera function but when viewing your pics. Thanks for the tip however.
    When I installed it, I also got the white screen. What I did to fix it was add the following items to the Ignore List:

Pics&Videos, Camera, Camcorder, Player, and Chatteremail

As you add each of those items click on "Advanced" or something. There is some button on the dialog that brings up the ability to remove "affects" for the ignored item. I found that by unselecting "Fields" that it fixed most of the apps. If you unselect All of the affects, it should start working right away. You can work back from there until you find the one(s) that are causing the issues.

Let me know if that helps.
    Did you get the white screen when running Camera mode or View mode. I get it when I try to view my pictures. The only thing I dont have on your list is Chattermail. I already have the rest created in the Apps section with everything unchecked. Still get the white screen. I even tried unchecking everything in the Main App. Ofcourse now my Treo looks like the usual OS now. But still I get that white screen. The only way I can get passed it is if I use the Default Palm skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Did you get the white screen when running Camera mode or View mode. I get it when I try to view my pictures. The only thing I dont have on your list is Chattermail. I already have the rest created in the Apps section with everything unchecked. Still get the white screen. I even tried unchecking everything in the Main App. Ofcourse now my Treo looks like the usual OS now. But still I get that white screen. The only way I can get passed it is if I use the Default Palm skin.
    That is extremely odd. I did it both on my wife's phone and mine and ours worked fine. The main reason why I uninstalled SkinUI was because it slowed the treo down big time. I switched over to PalmRevolt. It works much faster. (but you lose the cool affects... but since they are not working for you anyways... you have nothing to lose ). Sorry it didn't work. It worked for me in both Camera mode and View mode.
    Ok I figured it out thanks to Eli from Palmpowerups. I basically unchecked everything but the Change Effects. That checked and set to None. Now it works.
    good so are you using SkinUI again or are you going to PalmRevolt? Have you noticed any slowness on the treo when SkinUI is running (as compared to PalmRevolt)? That is what my wife and I noticed.
    I'm using SkinUI right now but have not noticed any slowness except for the fade effect of switch apps. At this point I'm still kinda stuck on which I like. On SkinUI I noticed will not fully function in WEB. I have to uncheck button so I can 5 way up to the file bar. Otherwise I cant tell which im highlighting. On Palm Revolt I noticed sometimes some of the buttons changes to default randomly. Do you notice this in Palm Revolt.
    that is because it is not registered.. that is the shareware drawback the screen that pops up at the begining of PalmRevolt states that until you pay for it, PalmRevolt will draw every 8th item as normal and that the "popup" screen will stay there.

IE If there are 16 items on the screen that PalmRevolt is drawing.... you might have 2 items that will appear as "unskinned".
    Ahh..thats good to know. So my vote goes to Palm Revolt then. I'm gonna miss the fade effect though. Thanks again.
    I really really miss all the affects for skinui. if they ever make skinui more solid I will jump ship in a heart beat. it has the potential to be a great app but there is just too many problems right now.
    I totally agree with you about SkinUI. I was pretty blown away when I first used the program. Dymitri makes great programs but unfortunately on this one, my $$ went to Palm Revolt and probably gonna stick with it.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I uninstalled SkinUI today and I really miss it. I feel that the fade transitions had sort of a calming effect... I'm still in mourning, but I had to make a choice between using Ptunes / Pics & Videos or SkinUI. The choice was clear. I'll be the first one back once they fix the bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by msSwitch
    I uninstalled SkinUI today and I really miss it. I feel that the fade transitions had sort of a calming effect... I'm still in mourning, but I had to make a choice between using Ptunes / Pics & Videos or SkinUI. The choice was clear. I'll be the first one back once they fix the bugs.
    What problems are you having with it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12