Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Suddenly when I soft reset/or reset post crash, the first reset brings me to the Verizon splash screen, then the phone app briefly as if searching for a network connection, then returns to the verizon splash screen, where it freezes. Now all resets require a second reset to work. (and one time I had to remove the battery for a few seconds, put it back, then reset before it would stop this behavior.)

Short of a hard reset, does this sound like something I can fix? Is it related to network signal searching? Bluetooth? No new software lately... can't figure it out...

Thanks
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am having the exact same problem and have not found a reason or a solution. My phone will reset sometimes in the middle of the night and be stuck "on" for hours at the Verizon screen running down my battery :-(

Maybe we can get together all those having this problem and find a common app. Someone mentioned FontSmoother in another thread.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Nope, not running fontsmoother...

I tried unseating my SD card before restart, and it restarted right away. Might the card be the culprit?

Are you running chatteremail?
    I had the same issue on my Sprint. Along with issue. A hard reset and clean install did the trick. Also no longer use font smoother so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I never had chattermail however.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I do use Chattermail but don't usually have it running in the background. I re-enabled my unCache yesterday and this problem went away. When I get sometime, I will try adding things to unCache and see when it starts happening again.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    A double reset is probably caused by a corrupted file in NVFS.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss
    A double reset is probably caused by a corrupted file in NVFS.
    thanks Pruss... is this only cleared in a hard reset? Or can the currpted culprit be ferreted out somehow...

S
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    thanks Pruss... is this only cleared in a hard reset? Or can the currpted culprit be ferreted out somehow...

S
    Well, you could do an NVBackup backup, then do a hard reset, and then do a series of selective restores, and use a bisection method to home in on the bad file (restore half of the files; check for the problem; if yes, it's in that half; if not, it's in the other half; repeat ceil(log2(n)) times).
    I have this, but rarely. I either do a second reset, or if I know my phone is on and I don't want to wait out the cycle, I hold the d-pad button up (i.e. page up). That is supposed to avoid the on-reset startup stuff, or system extensions that apps do, which often can cause a reset problem.

I don't have the problem often enough to know whether that's helping or not, but it seems to.