1.    #1  
    Using VersaMail with my MacBook Pro, Treo 650 and an Exchange server has been frustrating to say the least. Syncing the calendars does not work for "sh@t". Getting mail and syncing addresses is possible, but the lack of calendar syncing sucked. I even had Palm support tell me the "workaround" was to install the 2 year old version of Versamail. Great. That one just duplicates the calendar events ad nauseum... I'll live without the calendar/exchage syncing.

But WAIT! VersaMail 3.5 released last month (without ANY notification) has got to solve the problem! Yeah right.... I installed it and syncing the mail on my .mac IMAP account worked flawlessly. On the other hand, syncig the calendar AND the mail with the Exchange server is now disabled!

POS... Why can’t anything Palm related be simple?

Upon installation of Versamail 3.5 and the initial attempt at synching.... I received the warning below:

“Initial Sync

Events and Contacts on your device will be added to the server when you sync. The first sync removes duplicates and takes longer then subsequent syncs.
    Do you want to sync now?”

Upon pressing the “yes” button, I receive an Error message as follows:

“There was a problem syncing messages. SSL Error: No trusted root Update certificate authority list.”

Pressing the “Details” button reveals another Error Message:

AirSAMStateMachine.c 53014721

I tried to get Palm/Verizon to let me upgrade to the 700p as the 650 does not perform as advertised. No such luck. Not cost effective for them to sell units that do what they are supposed to do.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I've been using VM 3.5 (I extracted from a Blackberry Connect download) for a few months now and I got the same AirSam error. I deleted the existing Exchange Account and set it up anew. This fixed my problem.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi View Post
    I've been using VM 3.5 (I extracted from a Blackberry Connect download) for a few months now and I got the same AirSam error. I deleted the existing Exchange Account and set it up anew. This fixed my problem.
    Exactly how did you extract it. I download Blackberry Connect and tried to extract it.

I was successful getting VersaMail 3.5 on my Treo 650 but it takes up waymore than the 1500K. Is takes about 3000k. I was wondering what files you may have deleted off of your Treo in your "extraction process" to get rid of all the Blackberry stuff?
    I was disappointed my 700p with VM did not work as I had hoped with my employer's 2003 exchange server. Versamail 3.5: "There was a problem syncing messages. SSL Error: No trusted root Update certificate authority list". POP and IMAP are disabled. Our IT Dept requires SSL and I can't just install my own SSL certificate on the company's exchange server. Chattermail didn't work for me either because our webmail has a customized menu. Bizcon is great but it requires a dedicated workstation that's constantly logged in.

So I was really excited to find RoadSynch by Dataviz. It works perfectly out of the box for my email. I will be definately buying this product. You have to schedule it to check your email, but it works! I think this was my only workable solution.
    Last edited by paulclif; 10/06/2006 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistake