1.    #1  
    If I rename my Backup folder to something like OldBackup and perform a hard restet on my treo I know that all of my contacts, calendar, memo and task information will be restored to my treo.

What about the bookmarks in blazer are they restored as well or will I have to manually put them back in?

And what if you have TomTom installed will it go back on when after I hotsync after the hotrest or will it have to be reinstalled? Will it have to be reregistered? Is TomTom going to give me a hard time with the Product I.D. since I used it on my 1st install (I don't want them to think that I'm trying to install on two different phones, going on the same phone)

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!
    Sprint
    Treo 755p
    v1.04
    I use NVBackup and have restored several times after a Hard reset.

It's as if the Hard reset had no effect on the device...
  3.    #3  
    Is there a way to Hard Reset and when I hotsync only sync certin items? I would really like to only put my contacts, memo's, etc... back on. I do not want it to put all of the software back on it (other than what would come on a new one, nothing that I have installed)
    Sprint
    Treo 755p
    v1.04
    Quote Originally Posted by ceckard
    Is there a way to Hard Reset and when I hotsync only sync certin items? I would really like to only put my contacts, memo's, etc... back on. I do not want it to put all of the software back on it (other than what would come on a new one, nothing that I have installed)
    That's easy...

Right click on the HotSync icon in your Windows System Tray (Bottom-Right corner) and select "Custom".

There you can select the items you want to syncronize and in which direction (Palm->PC or PC->Palm)

You can also select the DEFAULT direction for each item. After every sync operation, the whole thing is reset to the DEFAULT, so be watchful in case you change something...

And don't forget, NVBackup (and most back-up programs) have a selective restore option, but using that may be tricky to a beginner.

Also, there are a lot of similar tips you'll find in these (and other) forums...
    Such questions always arise in one's mind, especially if one is new to the whole shebang. But, these have all been answered somewhere on forums such as these.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks GreenHex. I appreciate it alot!
    Sprint
    Treo 755p
    v1.04