1.    #1  
    The tip of my official Palm 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio adapter (the barbed loooking bit after the last plastic ring) has snapped off inside my Treo650.

It wont shake out, so whats the best way of extracting it? getting some tiny tweezers to pull it out?.. or shall I aquire the tools to open the housing and push it out from behind? (is that possible)

Although the broken tip is lodged firmly in there, it doesnt cut off the speaker so there is no interruption to general phone use, but I do listen the TCMP quite a bit; but now the adapter doesnt get enough contact on the broken tip to listen to audio and the new ones wont fit unless the tip is removed

LUFCMATTYLAD
    You could buy the Seidio adapter that provides audio through the Hotsync connector.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311

Or have someone open the Treo and remove the tip. That will cost more (unless you do it yourself as per instructions at

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Super glue and a toothpick. Cut point off toothpick so you have a flat surface, put a dab of superglue on flattened end of TP, put TP w/ superglue on the broken audio adapter, let dry, pull out audio adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    let dry, pull out audio adapter.
    And if it doesn't come out, you can always use the protruding tooth pick as it was originally intended......
    just make sure you don't use too much glue that it can drip onto the TREO and then u have a stuck tip AND tooth pick, giving the TREO yet another function as jrfaris pointed out.
    What did the hooker say to the leper?
    I would never use glue for this.

(Is this the answer .. khaytsus?)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Actually, you can just take off the back case, remove the battery and push it out through the exposed hole. I discovered this after breaking off my adaptor in the jack, messing with it for an hour, then later when I changed the battery the broken tip just fell out into the battery compartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I would never use glue for this.

(Is this the answer .. khaytsus?)
    The real answer is, "What is the question?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    I changed the battery the broken tip just fell out into the battery compartment.
    Wow! Palm thinks of EVERYTHING!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Actually, you can just take off the back case, remove the battery and push it out through the exposed hole. I discovered this after breaking off my adaptor in the jack, messing with it for an hour, then later when I changed the battery the broken tip just fell out into the battery compartment.
    You star Ree Nigne !! That worked a treat, Im glad I posted the question on here before took my treo to bits !!

I had already, at work, shaved down a cap from a ballpoint pen to use as my toothpick and was ready to start glueing at home this evening - but now I can listen to tunes on my way home...

I'll keep the tip as a souvenier, thanks Ree Nigne