Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hi,

Is there any way I could connect to the internet using the Bluetooth in the Treo 650? Can I share the internet connection in my computer so it could be accessed in the Treo?

Cheers
    Search "Reverse DUN".

Yeah, and have fun. It's a long, sleepless night process.

Just curious, why would you want to? I really see no need for it, except while laying in bed, I get the urge to read Treo Central posts.
    It wasn't too complicated or time consuming over here... my bluetooth adapter has poor range though...

Personally, I don't see much of a use for it either... if I'm that close to my laptop, I'd rather use the laptop... but I suppose it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for someone with a modded bluetooth adapter to want it as a replacement for wifi. I tried modding an old Linksys USB adapter... let's just say a couple of pounds of solder later I realized why I only do software...

Well, it took me quite some time, until I realized I wasn't sharing the 'net with the bluetooth adaptor. I had to go out and buy the Linksys adaptor (which worked great, by the way), and used thier software to share it. After that, it was pretty easy, just figuring out which port to use and all the stuff needed on the Treo.

I haven't used it in a while, but, I guess I just have to have it, for the "geek factor."
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked unbranded GSM unit .. BT DUN was flaky, hard to get working and slow.

Switched to PDAnet with a USB cable and it works nicely. It's handy for attachents on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil94028
    I have an unlocked unbranded GSM unit .. BT DUN was flaky, hard to get working and slow.

Switched to PDAnet with a USB cable and it works nicely. It's handy for attachents on the road.
    You used PdaNet for reverse-DUN?
    For this I use m-Router. With it it's very easy to get Internet connection via BT on your TREO650 or any other BT device. Here is a link:

http://developer.intuwave.com/Reference/m-Router
    Quote Originally Posted by OkComp
    Hi,

Is there any way I could connect to the internet using the Bluetooth in the Treo 650? Can I share the internet connection in my computer so it could be accessed in the Treo?

Cheers
    Which do you want to do?

Reverse DUN (your Treo connects to the internet via your compy)
    DUN (your compy connects to the internet via your Treo)

it's unclear from your post, but knowing which youre looking for makes it alot easier to send you to some good instructions : )
    Funny, free ecards for weird situations. No registration required. - UncomfortableSituations.com

Pop culture hangman using Flickr pics - SearchVoyeurMan
    Seems like reverse DUN.
    "connect to the internet using Bluetooth...share internet connection in my computer so it can be accessed in the Treo"
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    I've done this before. See the following: http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

It lost it's appeal after I got a laptop and used WIFI in the house. More for the nerd factor.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51