Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I lost my 2 gb card unfortunately and need a new one.

Before buying another 2gb card( which used to work great before I lost it), I want to make sure if 4gb still is incompatible for Treo 650 without going into too much hassles ?

If not I may consider upgrading to 4gb card.
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4GB requires a custom ROM with the FAT32 drivers, but of course if you searched you'd know that...

I'd like to say...I should have followed forums prior to now as my life could have been easier. Absolutely great investigative skills and community socializing were exhibited on the Treo 650 ROM Updater. I got to it a bit late tho.

I have a Sprint 650 and I used to have a 1GB SD card till 4 months ago when someone snatched it. After reading of the FAT32 2-4GB upgrade, I foamed at the mouth thinking of watching my own movies on plane flights.

Tried the ROM Tool a dozen ways using both my modified ROM and several OTS ROMs, as well as Sprint's latest 1.13. No problems with Treo OS except I cannot read my just-arrived-today-from-eBay 4GBSD.

I have reviewed my ROM data exports and it does have the FAT32. I am not sure if my phone's SD slot is messed up or not. No audibles upon insertion w/or w/out data on the card. I can read it on my laptop and on a card reader. Have tried formatting it at 4, 2, & 1GB with FAT & FAT32. Not a hint of picking it up in the Treo. I'll need to get another card and see if my Treo picks it up.

The card supports SD 1.1 SD 150X, 22.5MB/s, OEM SAMSUNG and was bought from fastmemoryman@sbcglobal.net for about $80 total. His eBay rating was very good and delivery came in 2 days. So,

I guess it's a wait and see--unless anyone has had similar situations.
    4GB 150x RiData card purchased new from NewEgg for $75 (with no rebate) works perfectly. Why did you go the EBay route when the normal price of 4GB cards is now down to $75?

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    RiData perfect. Look my signature...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    4GB requires a custom ROM with the FAT32 drivers, but of course if you searched you'd know that...
    Why are you such a *****???? You always have to imply smart remarks. Not even the Mods do what you do and I will understand complely if there wehere to imply that. This is the reason why you have a discussion board. People like you only make forums undesirable to use if people knew they'll have to face a jerk like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth
    RiData perfect. Look my signature...
    So did you need the custom ROM with that RiData?
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by SymbianPalm
    Why are you such a *****???? You always have to imply smart remarks. Not even the Mods do what you do and I will understand complely if there wehere to imply that. This is the reason why you have a discussion board. People like you only make forums undesirable to use if people knew they'll have to face a jerk like you.
    Now, Now!
    No Name Calling!
    Just call me Berd.
    Not an answer, but I purchased a 2 GB SD from eBay a few months ago (only like $45). I didn't feel like loading a custom ROM and didn't need more than 2 GB. At first I could only access the first 1 GB on the card though. If I tried to load more than that (even with my USB 2.0 card reader) the files would simply disappear. I backed up the card, reformatted it in the Treo 650, then copied all the files back. Since then I have not had any problems accessing the full capacity of the card. Do you have any other SD cards you could try to see if it's a bad port or a bad card? Do they work in your Treo? Can you format the card once it is inserted? Can you return it to the eBay vendor?

They wouldn't have to "face a jerk" if they adhered to the rules of the forum... which state you must search...

Quote Originally Posted by ghwin
    Yup, but with the RomTool, it's pretty darn trivial.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Seriously, can we change FrozenCode's name to SearchNazi? I don't know what makes me more sick of this board, stupid question or FrozenCode always having to chime in about using search..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Stupid questions lead to SearchNazi. They're directly related you see, get rid of the stupid questions and you get rid of the SearchNazi (which doesn't work the other way around for you mods who are getting ideas )

I'm with you SymbianPalm on this one.

The original question was a polite one. Sometimes the answer is hidden in a very long thread, and not everyone is one broadband.

A better answer would have been:
    "4GB requires a custom ROM with the FAT32 drivers, if you search on Custom ROM youi will learn more"

, but perhaps that is too helpful
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    What the heck, I'll briefly chime in here:

It happens that, although I'm a newbie (non-lurker, anyway), I'm already familiar with V-bulletin from another forum. So, searching isn't as hard for me as it might be for some other folks... but it still can be challenging, regardless.

As someone else said, digging through super-long threads to find the one post that might be helpful is quite time-consuming. Sometimes a simple search works out well and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd think it'd be in the community's best interests if we tried a lil harder to find the balance between encouragement and venom-free discouragement.

Just my two cents.
    I have come to the conclusion that the 'Search First' just isn't going to happen. There are even a number of Threads on 'Search First.'
    And many Seasoned members Like Dutch and Jack, to name just a couple, have made great and kind efforts to keep TC from getting cluttered with repeated posts. Maybe Frozen spoke a little harsh, but I feel his frustration.

Oh, by-the-way.
    Does anyone know why my Contacts won't sync?

Yes, I know.
    Someone will say to either ignore the Repeated Post or Provide a Link. But that isn't for the Long Term Good of TC.

Who cares about TC, when there are Bigger issues facing the World.
    And yes, Mankind Can and Will Fix Them All!
    Just call me Berd.
    My bad. I actually paid $69 including shipping. All of the local stores wanted $99-140.
    I kind of thought that was a harsh statement for him to, but I didn't know if he had history witht the guy or not. I didn't comment on it cause if was a year old, but I guess the board saves all....
    Quote Originally Posted by ghwin
    I believe my phone is CDMA, no? I previously had a GSM with
    T-Mobile, but now I am (unfortunately) with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Not an answer, but I purchased a 2 GB SD from eBay a few months ago (only like $45). I didn't feel like loading a custom ROM and didn't need more than 2 GB. At first I could only access the first 1 GB on the card though. If I tried to load more than that (even with my USB 2.0 card reader) the files would simply disappear. I backed up the card, reformatted it in the Treo 650, then copied all the files back. Since then I have not had any problems accessing the full capacity of the card. Do you have any other SD cards you could try to see if it's a bad port or a bad card? Do they work in your Treo? Can you format the card once it is inserted? Can you return it to the eBay vendor?

That's what I am waiting on (get a known good 1GB card).

Step 1: Verify equipment works.
    -The card reads and formats with both iDotConnect USB 2.0 card reader and my built in card reader on my Dell XPS laptop. So that leads me to believe..., but I need to verify with a known good card to see if perhaps my Treo card slot has become defunct.

-Last year when got my 1st 1GB, I had issues reading it until (I can't recall) I formatted it in an HP MFC or possibly right from my Treo.

-Yes, the eBay guy said to send it right on back, but am gonna wait till this weekend and test another card out (I don't want to pay for the shipping if it's a Treo issue).

-No, I cannot even see the card on the Treo, even with or with/out different files/formats on the card. No audible upon insertion either.

-Hmmm, I just thought of something. I wonder if they make a card emmulator that connects to your PC (i.e. a SD card slot to PC USB slot dongle or what not? Pretty sure they do, but will investigate.
    Last edited by detreoman; 08/10/2006 at 03:44 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast