Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    We just got a new camera into the office from Vivotek. It is the Vivotek 7135/7137. It allows acces to live video through RTSP(Real Time Streaming Protocol).

I have set it up in the office and I can now watch one of our IP security cameras on the 700p through Kinoma.
    I would presume this will work with any camera that supports RTSP.

Up till now the Vivotek Cameras required an active-x component to stream them remotly. This is the first time i could see one of our security cameras from a non-windows os.
    Last edited by Meinken; 08/07/2006 at 06:11 PM.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    This doesn't seem like such a great camera. The "demo" they are using is pretty close up so you can't get any idea on how far its lens will focus out. Additionally there is no panning feature. I have a Panasonic webcam that (granted) is about $100 more than this model but it has MANY more features. It has an infrared heat sensor that alerts you via email or text message with a photo of the movement, it has a panning feature so you can actually pan left,right,up,down. The picture from my camera is pretty good, and pretty sharp also. You can view it on the Internet or on your cell phone. You can also adjust the camera on the Internet or on your cell phone. The model of the Panasonic camera I use is BL-C30A.
    I have a BL-C30A and can only get still images on my Treo. Are you able to watch the video on your Treo?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Sorry, didn't mean for this to be a "best camera" thread

I was just excited by the support for RTSP. It is not mentioned anywhere (that I could find) on either the Palm site or in the Treo specs.
    Last edited by Meinken; 08/07/2006 at 06:12 PM.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem