1.    #1  
    Sorry if this question has been answered, but I've searched and not found the answer to my questions, which are:
    1. Does the 650 work in the THB Bury cradle with a Bluetooth GPS antenna?
    2. If so, how do you hear the directions?

I've looked at many options, including the Seidio stuff. But first and foremost I want a good speakerphone/handsfree kit, which I beleive the THB kit will provide. I'm not as concerned about MP3 playback.... any help would be appreciated.
    Where are we?? And why am I in this handbasket?!?!?!?
    Not sure about the questions, but, if you don't have a GSM 650, it's not going to work.

Just thought I'd post it, so no one gets their hopes up (like I did).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up. I've done what homework I could on the subject and I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a Cingular branded unlocked GSM Treo 650. I am in the Navy Reserve and go overseas usually once a year so needed a world phone. I was so happy when the Treo worked in the Kingdom of Bahrain in the Persian Gulf...

So, anyone else have any experience with a 650/Bury/GPS of any kind? Just some clarification of the above. I have found that some have gotten the bluletooth receiver to work but they are still having problems getting the sound to work. I'm looking for any and all experience someone has in these areas. Was the Bluetooth GPS easy to get working? Did it work straight out of the box? What sound do you hear for GPS without any tinkering? Does Freedom software redirect the sound anywhere?
    I have a Cingular 650 GSM and use the THB car kit with a bluetooth GPS. IT DOES WORK! However, and this is a big "however", I use TomTom software and voice commands do not work while its in the cradle, but the mapping works perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions about the voice commands, I would love to hear it. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply, I've heard others say that the software part does indeed work, just no audio...Would like to hear other's views...
    I had another question, does anyone know if these "skin" cases work with the THB Bury cradle, without removal? Even if you have to do some "customizing"...
    I decided to do a little more research on the audio issue, and was told by Alan at Celltech (the USA Distributor for THB) that there is no way for the TomTom GPS audio (or any other third party software which uses the Palm's audio function) to work becuase of the way Palm wrote the software.

The THB kit uses the antenna port on the back of the Treo (which was blocked by my case). Also, the cradle is so tight that the skin case I used had to come off if I wanted to put the phone in the cradle.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info.
    Well, first and foremost I want a good speakerphone so I think I'll go with the THB anyway. If anyone else has any experiences or opinions, please keep posting...