how do you set 700p to hotsync over the internet? so you can do it anywhere
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    how do you set 700p to hotsync over the internet? so you can do it anywhere
    Its in the Sync Forum
    Topic - Remote Syncing?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=1&pp=20
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Its in the Sync Forum
    Topic - Remote Syncing?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=1&pp=20
    i cant seem to get it working. do you use remote syncing? if so is it worth it or is it too slow?
    Of course it's slow. When I had a 300 it was a life saver though, one of those things that you absolutely had to have. With SD cards and backup programs, I don't see why you would need to sync OTA anymore...

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Of course it's slow. When I had a 300 it was a life saver though, one of those things that you absolutely had to have. With SD cards and backup programs, I don't see why you would need to sync OTA anymore...
    i was thinking with the 700ps evdo speeds it wouldnt be slow anymore.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    i was thinking with the 700ps evdo speeds it wouldnt be slow anymore.
    Maybe.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i cant seem to get it working. do you use remote syncing? if so is it worth it or is it too slow?
    I am sorry it is not working for you, perhaps your missing a step. Do you have a router or a firewall?

I remote sync. I don't do it often unless there is a need.

Even with EVDO it is not as fast as hotsync w/ USB. However, if you limit what you sync (discussed in the thread) it is managable. For example ususally I will only sync PIM info.

However, as stated earlier in this thread, with SD card backups it just isnt' as important. However, some apps do not like to be installed OTA or via email. So I will use MobileTS and load the needed app for the next sync. Then Hotsync using the internet.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre