1.    #1  
    I have a PQI 4GB Hi-Speed 150 SD memory card that is increasingly becoming a problem. My Sprint 700p often doesn't recognize this card, and doing soft resets used to work sometimes, but seems to work less and less. Anybody else getting grief from their PQI 4GB card? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I got my PQI 4gb on Saturday and have used it without an issue. It was recognized immediately (3.7 gb) and since then I've watched moves, viewed jpgs, listened to music files, etc. Did your problem appear after some time of use, or was it always a problem? (I believe there is a warranty, at least through NewEgg.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    I got my PQI 4gb on Saturday and have used it without an issue. It was recognized immediately (3.7 gb) and since then I've watched moves, viewed jpgs, listened to music files, etc. Did your problem appear after some time of use, or was it always a problem? (I believe there is a warranty, at least through NewEgg.)

At first, it worked just fine. Over the past few months, it's been getting progressively worse.

The same PQI 4GB SD card works just fine in my pocket Canon digital camera. I'm so annoyed about this issue, that I'm going to start using my PQI card for my digital camera, and go back to using a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card for my Treo 700p. The Sandisk card always worked just fine, and the few times the card wasn't recognized by the Treo, the problem was solved by doing a quick soft reset.

I'm waiting for Sandisk to come out with a 4GB card, which will then be used for my Sprint Treo 700p. I'm tiring of my PQI card working only half the time.

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    sorry to hear your having trouble mine seems to work very well, have also had a 1g card b4 and again no issues.

Have you tried to find out if PQI will replace it under warranty?
    Have you tried doing a hard reset and/or formatting the PQI in your Treo?
    I just bought a Patriot 4GB SD card and my 650 only recognizes 1.7 of it after it formatted it. How do I tell it to format the card again?
    In the "Card Info" program, in the menu options.....
    The 650 will not recognize 4 GB without a custom Rom "modification". Search....
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I have a PQI 4GB Hi-Speed 150 SD memory card that is increasingly becoming a problem. My Sprint 700p often doesn't recognize this card, and doing soft resets used to work sometimes, but seems to work less and less. Anybody else getting grief from their PQI 4GB card? Thanks, Casey.
    Have you tried CradleCare? This seems to have solved the problem of disappearing cards for several people here.

Did you remove and reinsert the card many times before this problem started appearing?
    Got the card last week and finally got around to changing Rom to use it. What happened was, first my Treo 650 recognized it with 3.7 GB available, and my computer saw via the dazzle sd card reader, that has never been a problem with any of my 1gb cards.

Then, my dell desktop running windows xp pro stopped seeing it. In fact, it also made windows explorer crash whenever I inserted the PQI card, and would run only afer it was removed. Tried rebooting the computer, and it would not boot to windows with the PQI card inserted. If I removed it, it would finish booting.

Then the icing on the bad cake was that when I tried to re-insert it into Treo, it wanted to reformat the card. Ok, whatever. I refomatted with Treo, and tried to put back in computer thinking maybe that was the issue. Still, no dice. Then, when I tried to reinsert back in Treo again, it asked to reformat AGAIN, and then said it could not recognize this type of card. AAAHHHHH!

Bottom line, PQI complaints on this forum and others I have searched seem to be born out by my experience. Those of you who have enjoyed no problems, well, enjoy. Mine is going back immediately.

Sometimes, you really get what you pay for.
    Copernicus,
    I checked out cradle care, but dont want to pay another $9.99 or even a dime to use the card that should be plug and play good. Thanks for the suggestion though
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink
    Copernicus,
    I checked out cradle care, but dont want to pay another $9.99 or even a dime to use the card that should be plug and play good. Thanks for the suggestion though
    I understand that totally.
    Seidio offers PQI line of SD card. we offer 512MB, 1GB, and 2 GB, we do not offer 4GB one yet as we are still testing how compatiable with Treo.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=911
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio offers PQI line of SD card. we offer 512MB, 1GB, and 2 GB, we do not offer 4GB one yet as we are still testing how compatiable with Treo.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=911
    How long do you think it will take for you to determine whether the 4GB PQI is compatible with the Treo 700p?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    My PQI 4GB card was not being recongnized until I relized that Webpro was the culprit. I removed Webpro and now i have no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    My PQI 4GB card was not being recongnized until I relized that Webpro was the culprit. I removed Webpro and now i have no problems.
    My PQI was aleady returned, but what is and where does Webpro reside to block functionality of the PQI card?
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    My PQI was aleady returned, but what is and where does Webpro reside to block functionality of the PQI card?
    Webpro is an older browser...