1. jjd
    Am I the only one with this problem?

If I open Contacts, select an entry, and hit the "Edit" button to edit the contact, I cannot at that point bring up any menu. When I hit the menu button or put my stylus in the menu area, a menu appears for about 1/20th of a second and then dissapears. I cannot make the menu stay open.

This makes it hard to copy a phone number from a contact into the clipboard, which is typically what I'm trying to do.

I have a sprint 700p. This worked fine in Contacts on my sprint treo 600.

--Jim--
    No problem doing this on my 700p. Possibly a 3rd party software conflict?
  3. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    No problem doing this on my 700p. Possibly a 3rd party software conflict?
    Must be. I wonder what could cause that.

In addition to the standard software, I have FileZ, FlightStatus, Keyring, Klondike, LIghtWav, pssh, TreoGuard, Verichat. Any of those ring a bell?

I guess I'll start with TreoGuard since it does mess with keypresses.

Thanks for the reply so I know it isn't everyone.

--Jim--
    It's your lightwav app. disable it and you shouldn't have a problem. which version do you have? you'll probably need to update to version1.6.2
  5. jjd
    It looks like the problem for me was Treoguard. I disabled it and rebooted and then my menu worked fine in Contacts / Edit Contact.

Curiously, it also worked when I re-enabled it and rebooted too. Perhaps some boot-order issue.

For the record, I have TreoGuard 1.8.13 and LightWav PRO 1.6.1. Treoguard appears to be the latest version and I'll upgrade LightWav to 1.6.2 just to be sure.

Thanks for the help.

--Jim--
    I don't have TreoGuard. But I had the same issue. For me it was LightWav Pro. Once I disabled it and upgraded, I no longer had the problem.

Glade to see you resolved it.