1.    #1  
    Hi, I've been noticing that I'm not being notified of certain things.

1. Voicemail
    For example, I turned the phone off yesterday in the movie theater. During the movie, unbenownst to me, someone called and left a message on my voicemail. After the movie I turned the phone back on at 3:30pm. That evening around 8pm I hit the green phone button just to see what time it was and there was the voicemail message waiting for me. Every other phone I've had would have been periodically beeping at me telling me I had voicemail.

2. Email
    Same thing here. I never know I have email unless I open up Mail. From what I've read here it sounds like i have to get a third party mail app to fix that. Someone i know has the new 700p and his has a notification preference he can turn on.

3. Calendar Alerts
    Any way to get the Treo automatically give reminder for appointments?

TIA!
    I don't know about voicemail, but if I have autosync enabled for email, everytime it checks my email and I have an unread email it beeps at me (currently I have my set for 15 min). As far as calendar alerts, just set the alarm for each appt you want to be notified about. Mine dings at me 15 min before the appt and every few min thereafter until I clear the alert. These are with the standard delivered apps....nothing fancy. Try looking through the manaul, it may have more nuggets that I've missed.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    This stuff is all covered somewhere on this board, but I admit it's like digging for a needle in a haystack, so I'll do my best to summarize. #2 and #3 (and part of #1) are covered in the manual, so unless your problems are due to these settings failing to work as they should, allow me to say "RTM."

1. VM - This may be because of your carrier, or it may be because of your phone settings. Some carriers (Sprint for example) are kind of spotty on VM notification if the phone isn't reachable when the message comes in. In these cases, the network simply doesn't notify the phone that there's a msg waiting. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about that.

What you can do to make sure your Treo notifies you if/when the network notifies it is the following:
    • In the Phone app, go to Menu > Options > Sound Preferences > Tones and make sure you have a Voicemail Tone set. Of course, that only helps if you have the volume on and are within earshot when the notification comes in.

• Make sure your keyguard is enabled, install the freeware app KeyGuardTime+, and set it to "Show when Keyguard is on." With this setup, you'll get a nifty little screen that gives you a bunch of info, including a VM waiting icon, every time you wake up the Treo. Same idea as the icon in the Phone app except it's visible every time you turn the screen on, not just when you go into the Phone app.

• Install one of the $$ apps such as CallFilter or Butler that allows you to use your LED as a VM indicator. I use CallFilter to turn my LED orange whenever I have a VM waiting.

2 - E-mail - In VersaMail, go to Menu > Options > Preferences > Auto Sync > Alerts, check the "Alert me of new mail" box, and set an alert sound. If you sync with multiple accounts, you'll have to do this for each account.

3 - In the Prefs app (don't ask me why it's not in the Calendar app), go to Sound & Alerts > Tones, check the box next to "Alarm Preset," and set the number of minutes in advance that you want the default alarms to be.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help!

Right now my phone has Mail on it, not Versamail. I thought i remember seeing versamail when i first got it? I'm using Verizon btw. Mail does not have an alert preference.

Looks like my voicemail preference was set correctly. Not sure why i wasn't notified. Does it only notify you once or keep notifying you until you turn the phone on and check it?
    You can install Versamail optionally on Verizon, I think it's on the CD.

BTW, if you have issues with reminders, like you missed a call, SMS, etc, the Treo unfortunately does not remind you. Butler is a program which will notify you periodically that you have missed an event, and can be a life saver. I don't know how often I miss a call/sms in the car, but when I get home where it's quieter and such I'll feel the vibration or hear the beep.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    You can install Versamail optionally on Verizon, I think it's on the CD.

BTW, if you have issues with reminders, like you missed a call, SMS, etc, the Treo unfortunately does not remind you. Butler is a program which will notify you periodically that you have missed an event, and can be a life saver. I don't know how often I miss a call/sms in the car, but when I get home where it's quieter and such I'll feel the vibration or hear the beep.

Ah, yes! Missed call reminders! That's another one i have issues with. Thanks for bringing that up. I will look for the butler app....