1.    #1  
    I copied some video files in .avi and .mpeg format. I cannot see how to play them! I go to Media in my Treo 650, to see listed, so I can tap on it to play, but I cannot, because I dont see anything about those files on my Treo to start them.

Do you I need a seperate application to watch them? If so, which ones do you recommend?

I will very much appreciate your recommendations about that. Thank you.
    I recommend the search function with a side of Google.

TCPMP.

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir
    I copied some video files in .avi and .mpeg format. I cannot see how to play them! I go to Media in my Treo 650, to see listed, so I can tap on it to play, but I cannot, because I dont see anything about those files on my Treo to start them.

Do you I need a seperate application to watch them? If so, which ones do you recommend?

I will very much appreciate your recommendations about that. Thank you.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/760-1.htm

It's free. It works.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I use it and it's one of those indespensible apps that should be on everyone's Palm OS Treo. No stability issues with TCPMP either, which is a nice thing.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks to all who replied and directed me to TCPMP.

I immediately downloaded, the version 0.72RC1. It looked like the newest version, however, I am not too sure if I did everything correctly. Because, when I go to File, Open Files, it shows the following which I cannot see any of my music or movie files in my SD card.

It shows as:
    /
    mem
    slot2

I wonder if there is no file list or thumbnail images to chose from like in Treo's own Media application?
    Slot 2 is you SD card. Click on it to open then find your file
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    as a best practice - get a card reader and do some folder management so that your files won't get lost.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    When player a movie with TCPMP, how do I switch the option to listen through the headphone instead of the speaker?
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Plugin the headphones. That should automatically turn off the speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir View Post
    Thanks to all who replied and directed me to TCPMP.

I immediately downloaded, the version 0.72RC1. It looked like the newest version, however, I am not too sure if I did everything correctly. Because, when I go to File, Open Files, it shows the following which I cannot see any of my music or movie files in my SD card.

It shows as:
    /
    mem
    slot2

I wonder if there is no file list or thumbnail images to chose from like in Treo's own Media application?

Dude,

Click on the folders and they will expand. You can see every file available on our SD card.

Just click on the folder and it will expand down to show all of the files.

TCPMP is the best multi-media program I have ever used. Its very fast and the quality is great.
    Slot2 is your SD card. 0.72RC1 is the latest version, but the RC1 indication means it's a beta. It works fine though, and sports a super-cool graphic EQ.

You'll be able to read about the newest release soon in an upcoming article.

X|S
    Xious Sonenberg
    Treocentral Staff Writer
    President, Design By XS, Inc.
    http://www.designbyxs.com

See my TC writings here!

~Hallowed are the Ori!~
    TCPMP resets my treo 700p
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    What version? It works fine on my 700p
    latest beta
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm running 0.72RC1 without any problems.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    TCPMP resets my treo 700p
    Could you be a little more vague? At what point does it crash? When you run it? When you load a file into it and try to play it? And if the latter, what kind of file? Do you have ALL the plug-ins installed?

"resets my Treo" is like saying "my car's broken." Need more input. More input.

Email your email address to harv at treocentral dot com and I'll send you back a Nutshell installer I made containing TCPMP and all of its plug-ins. Wipe your current version and plug-ins off your Treo, download and install the one I'll send you and tell me if it works. It works like gangbusters on both my 650 and 700p, both on Sprint. And I installed it on both of them with this very same Nutshell installer I built.

Or if you don't want to, then don't. Your choice.

I'd put it up on one of my Web sites but I don't want that kind of traffic. The Nutshell installer is a .prc about 1.3mb. I also made a Nutshell UNinstaller for it. (See my review of Nutshell which is still on the front page of TC..) ..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    Could you be a little more vague? At what point does it crash? When you run it? When you load a file into it and try to play it? And if the latter, what kind of file? Do you have ALL the plug-ins installed?

"resets my Treo" is like saying "my car's broken." Need more input. More input.

Email your email address to harv at treocentral dot com and I'll send you back a Nutshell installer I made containing TCPMP and all of its plug-ins. Wipe your current version and plug-ins off your Treo, download and install the one I'll send you and tell me if it works. It works like gangbusters on both my 650 and 700p, both on Sprint. And I installed it on both of them with this very same Nutshell installer I built.

Or if you don't want to, then don't. Your choice.

I'd put it up on one of my Web sites but I don't want that kind of traffic. The Nutshell installer is a .prc about 1.3mb. I also made a Nutshell UNinstaller for it. (See my review of Nutshell which is still on the front page of TC..) ..

Harv

thansk for the repy - sorry - yes it resets my 700p as soon as I exit via the home button. Not sure why because if I exit from the other buttons it seems ok.

Yes I will email you - thanks!

BTW, will it play wma files, like the ones people usually email, like the funny windows media files?

Thanks again!

Fred
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

BTW, will it play wma files, like the ones people usually email, like the funny windows media files?

Thanks again!

Fred
    Umm.. there's no plug-in for wma or wmv files, as far as I know, so.. no, it won't. But there are converters out there to turn them into formats it will play.

Harv
    ok thanks - so there are no stand alone apps for the treo to play .wmv files?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ok thanks - so there are no stand alone apps for the treo to play .wmv files?
    Unless someone corrects me, I don't know of any than converting them to a different format or using a 700w(x) with Windoze Media Player built in.

I'll probably add a 700wx to my Sprint plan (although I sure don't NEED three cell phone numbers) for the sole purpose of using the Sling box with it. I had a press review loaner 700w for four months and I cannot say I was enamored with it. You have to whip out the stylus constantly where with PalmOS, hardly ever. The 700wx (see our front page story) does look like it has some important improvements, but to me, speaking only for myself, I much prefer PalmOS to WM. But alas there's no Sling player for PalmOS yet.

Harv