1.    #1  
    does butler work for the 700p? and does anyone recommend using it?
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Yes
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Use at your discretion....YMMV:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=butler

I've never used it, so I can't comment on the program directly. What I can comment on is that I have never read about another program on these boards that seems to cause as much trouble as Butler. Also, it seems that Butler is incompatible with many other 3rd-party apps. Chattermail and Backupman are two that I can think of off the top of my head. Again, YMMV....try it and see if you have any trouble. Add it to your current configuration without adding anything else for a while, and see if it causes any trouble for you.
    I am running Butler and Chattermail on a 700P without issues. I am running Butler version 3.68.
    butler runs fine. here is where I found the problems... when you first install butler is runs great. as time goes on and butler starts asking you to register... it blows up like crazy!!! it just killed my phone. I did some testing and determined that it was the "register me" code that was causing the problem so I just fixed it. I hacked the registration code and now it runs great! j/k.. no.. I just registered it and I have not had any problems with it. it is a great addition to the 700p and I highly recommend it.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I just registered. I admit the "register me" screen is the ultimate nag screen. Hopefully the Butler alarms will function as well as their nag screens!
    I am running those two programs with no problem at all. In fact, Butler, ChatterEmail, BackupBuddy, BackupManager, ZLauncher, HanDBase - no problem. I am only using the attention manager and that aspect is exceedingly good.

Ben
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I am running those two programs with no problem at all. In fact, Butler, ChatterEmail, BackupBuddy, BackupManager, ZLauncher, HanDBase - no problem. I am only using the attention manager and that aspect is exceedingly good.

Ben
    what exactly can the attention manager be set to do?
    To be exact, it can be set to annoy the heck out of you until you acknowledge the alarm and that is something that the Treo has never really been good for it. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    butler runs fine. here is where I found the problems... when you first install butler is runs great. as time goes on and butler starts asking you to register... it blows up like crazy!!! it just killed my phone. I did some testing and determined that it was the "register me" code that was causing the problem so I just fixed it. I hacked the registration code and now it runs great! j/k.. no.. I just registered it and I have not had any problems with it. it is a great addition to the 700p and I highly recommend it.
    That's exactly the problem I was having. It would cause my phone to reset all the time. After I registered it worked fine.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I'm using Butler also and have had no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the remote lock feature? I'd read somewhere that it was buggy on the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    Has anyone tried the remote lock feature? I'd read somewhere that it was buggy on the 700p.
    Yes, works fine for me. No problem at all. That's a really great feature.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    fine here as well, very handy for the paranoid

EDIT: or for those who are tired of people taking your phone and playing games.... lock that crap up on em :>