Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I am very new with this navigation stuff...recently bought the tomtom and holux 236...I am really happy with the flexibility and the way it work...but

I want to make a trip from my state (PA) to NJ (address) but I just found out that it's not possible?? Wish I knew that b4 but I isn't there any other way to do it?? I searched and found that you can use major US roads so I installed it but again when I went to locate the NJ destination address on my TTN using major US roads map I couldn't locate the address (guess cuz the maps are outdated or the address isn't considered as a major road or street?) but I can locate the same address by switching to the NJ map!! so I doubt it's a problem of maps being outdated...

Anyway I searched for it a lot but no specific answer...hoping there has to be some work around...
    thanks for any help...
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    I am very new with this navigation stuff...recently bought the tomtom and holux 236...I am really happy with the flexibility and the way it work...but

I want to make a trip from my state (PA) to NJ (address) but I just found out that it's not possible?? Wish I knew that b4 but I isn't there any other way to do it?? I searched and found that you can use major US roads so I installed it but again when I went to locate the NJ destination address on my TTN using major US roads map I couldn't locate the address (guess cuz the maps are outdated or the address isn't considered as a major road or street?) but I can locate the same address by switching to the NJ map!! so I doubt it's a problem of maps being outdated...

Anyway I searched for it a lot but no specific answer...hoping there has to be some work around...
    thanks for any help...

Yeah I'm having the same trouble with my TomTom. I'm trying to plan a trip from Chicago, Illinois to Stevens Point, Wisconsin and what.... I can't route plan from state to state? What kind of nonsense is this? Am I missing something here? Is there somthing I should have done?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    You need to load up the regional maps instead of the state maps. There should be a MidAtlantic that would cover the pa to nj trip and a MidWest for Il to Wi.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Use the Major Roads of the US map. You will be surprised how well it works. I have used it all over the US and have not had any problems. Once I get to an area, or town, I switch to the regional map for that area.
    I have the mid-Atlantic maps loaded on my treo, and that goes from Maine to Virginia. As Meinken stated, you need to load regional maps. Go to the install cd, and there are a multitude of map combinations available.
    I have the north east loaded and it covers NY NJ phil del md and dc no problems at all I am always traveling from nj to md snd sometimes philly. I use tomtom
    Fred
    TomTom laods one map at a time.....so if ya gonna laod pa, then that's all ya gonna see unless ya load NJ after ya cross the state line.

Might I sugges that you delete all the state maps from ya SD card and load the Northeast Regional map which covers , IIRC, Maine to DC.

If ya traveling outside the region, I assume you can get to the nearest major highway by yaself so then ya would load the major highways map to go from say Pa to californie....then once ya within western reagion, load the regional map.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    thanks everyone for the reply...I will try using the regional maps...