Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    I have a weird problem. I frequently use Text Messaging. Sometimes though, while although I can send a Text Message fine, I do not receive any. What I end up having to do is to turn the phone off and then turn it back on... then I receive all of the text messages, one after the other. This has been happening pretty frequently lately. I updated my Vision Profile (using ##3282#) but that still doesn't help.

    It's an intermittent problem, which makes it even worse.

    Has anyone heard of this before? Any tips or suggestions?

    I use Sprint.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 08/05/2006 at 07:38 PM.
  2. #2  
    Yes. Several of us are seeing this. Seems like it is getting worse, too.

    There is at least one other thread about this problem. I hope it gets fixed soon. It is quite annoying.
  3.    #3  
    Wow! This REALLY sucks. I only started having the problem recently, I wonder is it's a system issue rather then a phone issue.

    I couldn't find the other threads, could you possibly supply a link to them? I saw the SMS lock-up thread but this is a different issue.
  4. #4  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121179

    I've had it twice now... and it sucks.
  5. #5  
    I know some are reporting this for the 700 but is it happening to any using a 650? I sometimes have issues getting picturemail from another verizon phone.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  6. #6  
    With me, on my 700p the first time I receive a text message after turning on the phone that day, it resets my phone. After that, the subsequent ones come through fine. Just another cute little quirk that makes me want to hurl this f#@!*g phone against the wall at least once daily.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I know some are reporting this for the 700 but is it happening to any using a 650? I sometimes have issues getting picturemail from another verizon phone.

    It happened a few times with my 650, so far everything is fine with the 700. (Sprint)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    It happened a few times with my 650, so far everything is fine with the 700. (Sprint)
    You mean YOUR 700 right? Because I have the 700P with Sprint and it's happening to me and it's really getting quite frustrating
  9. #9  
    It's sprints network. I spoke with a rep on monday of last week and she informed me they were having issues. in addition, my daughter has the Lg 550 fusic and it's been happening with her phone as well as my friends treo 650. I have the 700p and of course it's happening with me.
    Funny thing; my daughter texted me 2picture on friday and i got just them this morning!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    With me, on my 700p the first time I receive a text message after turning on the phone that day, it resets my phone. After that, the subsequent ones come through fine. Just another cute little quirk that makes me want to hurl this f#@!*g phone against the wall at least once daily.
    Is it wierd to leave your phone 'on' all the time, 24x7? I never turn off my 650...if you didnt turn off your 700...would it cut out that behavior or do you think you would stop getting text messages?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmack
    It's sprints network. I spoke with a rep on monday of last week and she informed me they were having issues. in addition, my daughter has the Lg 550 fusic and it's been happening with her phone as well as my friends treo 650. I have the 700p and of course it's happening with me.
    Funny thing; my daughter texted me 2picture on friday and i got just them this morning!
    I get texts just fine from other sprint folks...the ones with pics from people on verizon arent coming through for me.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #12  
    "I get texts just fine from other sprint folks...the ones with pics from people on verizon arent coming through for me."

    Oh, I have that problem too!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I get texts just fine from other sprint folks...the ones with pics from people on verizon arent coming through for me.

    By the way, when i spoke with the sprint rep i got a $10 credit for the inconvenence!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    You mean YOUR 700 right? Because I have the 700P with Sprint and it's happening to me and it's really getting quite frustrating

    Sorry, my 700 is fine with texts and picturemail. I use over 2000 a month and no problems. My 650 was the one giving me problems.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmack
    By the way, when i spoke with the sprint rep i got a $10 credit for the inconvenence!
    I don't even know if I want to call for $10
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmack
    It's sprints network. I spoke with a rep on monday of last week and she informed me they were having issues.
    This is not an issue with Sprint's network. I am on Verizon and have the same problem. Text messages will sometimes stop arriving until I reset the phone. I have 5 more days to return this thing and I am leaning towards going back to my 700W (which has its fair share of problems also).
  17. #17  
    I am having the same problem with my 600 (gasp!) with Verizon Service.
  18. #18  
    Has anyone... Sprint or Palm or whomever actually acknowledged that they even SEE the problem that we are seeing and that they are working on a solution? I reported it to Sprint but they said they didn't see a problem.
  19. #19  
    i just had the same issue the other day, i received a text and my phone reset, after it reset i was unable to receive any text messages...i had to manually reset the phone again and once i did the textes came flowing in

    my last trble of this was sat night, about 1130ish pm
  20. #20  
    I had kind of forgotten about this problem until this evening when I decided to reset my phone and see if there was anything waiting for me. Sure enough, I received about a dozen waiting text messages!

    I hope this problem gets resolved soon as I recently added 500 text messages onto my phone and would like to be able to use it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions