Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    (Edit - I have a meetup group now: http://palm.meetup.com/28/calendar/6023553/)

Want a chance to meet fellow Treo Central users, and see how others have configured their devices? Here's your chance to show off that Vaja case, or Shure headset you just shelled out big bucks for. (We could even make it a mini swap meet if you have extra accessories you need to get rid of).

If you are new to the device this is your chance to get tips from experienced users.

Even if you only have a 650, you can come and see what all the fuss is about. (We could even make it just a PalmOS Treo meetup, if people are interested in flashing the firmware on their Treos).

If there is enough interest, we should definately do this. I will need help coordinating, so if any one is interested in helping out, just reply to this post (need a place, scheduling, etc.)

Please reply to this post if you are interested in attending.

I will be wearing a black baseball cap with a red spider on it. My cell phone number is 646-238-9460.

Latest Update

We are looking to meet at the coffee shop at the Lincoln Center Barnes and Nobles across from the Tower Records store.

We will be meeting on Saturday August 12th at 11AM.

Barnes & Noble Booksellers
    Lincoln Center
    1972 Broadway
    New York, NY 10023
    212-595-6859

Please note the coffee shop is on the top floor.

So far I've got the following people attending:

stonefoxx
    Utonian
    southbound747
    Hanuman
    g-funkster
    Brandorr

Please reply to this thread if you are coming. I need to update B&N with a headcount. (One note, it is impossible to reserve tables, I will try and get there a little early to grab a table near the front)

Other events
    The wireless sig meeting this month, Aug 22nd, will meet at Chelsea Piers at the Lightship Frying Pan / pier 63, as far west on 23rd street as you can go. We'll be part of NYPC's annual social picnic. More info www.nypc.com

Please subscribe to this thread to receive updates.
    Last edited by Brandorr; 08/10/2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm a meetup member (NYC Chihuahua Meetup) and had a NYC Rollerskating meetup up group at one time. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up to share Treo best practices. Count me in!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Want a chance to meet fellow Treo Central users, and see how others have configured their devices? Here's your chance to show off that Vaja case, or Shure headset you just shelled out big bucks for. (We could even make it a mini swap meet if you have extra accessories you need to get rid of).

If you are new to the device this is your chance to get tips from experienced users.

Even if you only have a 650, you can come and see what all the fuss is about. (We could even make it just a PalmOS Treo meetup, if people are interested in flashing the firmware on their Treos).

If there is enough interest, we should definately do this. I will need help coordinating, so if any one is interested in helping out, just reply to this post (need a place, scheduling, etc.)

I am in North Jersey, but would certainly be interested.

Mike
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am in North Jersey, but would certainly be interested.

Mike
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by msSwitch
    I'm a meetup member (NYC Chihuahua Meetup) and had a NYC Rollerskating meetup up group at one time. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up to share Treo best practices. Count me in!
    I've never been to a meetup. What kind of venue would be appropriate?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well, I would suggest a Barnes and Nobles or coffee shop/cafe type atmosphere where people can sit, grab a drink and talk Treo. Try to have the event on a weekend so that you can accomodate travelers from nearby locations (like us Northern, NJ folk ;-)) Also, you should try to call ahead at a particular venue so they can reserve some space. If you can offer a sizable head count which could convert to added sales for the venue, they shouldn't have a problem. Oh yeah, if you make it a morning meetup (11am ish) you shouldn't have much problem finding space at a suitable venue. Weekends after 12 Noon are pretty crazy in the city. My first suggestions would be a Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Barnes & Nobles - there is one of each in the 14th Street / Union Sq. area of Manhattan. Very central location thats easy to get to.
    I run the Wireless SIG at the New York Personal Computer User Group - NYPC, www.nypc.org - the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30.
    (check out the calender or SIGs)
    We meet at the NYPC office - Room 550 at the Hotel New Yorker, 34th St. & 8th Ave.

It's really a Treo SIG

Come and enjoy,
    Ted

ps I also co-chair the Palm SIG - first Wednesday of each month
    Well, I would suggest a Barnes and Nobles or coffee shop/cafe type atmosphere where people can sit, grab a drink and talk Treo. Try to have the event on a weekend so that you can accomodate travelers from nearby locations (like us Northern, NJ folk ;-)) Also, you should try to call ahead at a particular venue so they can reserve some space. If you can offer a sizable head count which could convert to added sales for the venue, they shouldn't have a problem. Oh yeah, if you make it a morning meetup (11am ish) you shouldn't have much problem finding space at a suitable venue. Weekends after 12 Noon are pretty crazy in the city. My first suggestions would be a Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Barnes & Nobles - there is one of each in the 14th Street / Union Sq. area of Manhattan. Very central location thats easy to get to.
    I am here in NYC too. I'd be interested depending on the day/time. Saturdays possbile? Or after work during the week?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Visit Meetup.com to start your NYC Treo Meetup Group there. Once you do you can post the events and encourage people to register/RSVP for the event on the Meetup site.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner
    I run the Wireless SIG at the New York Personal Computer User Group - NYPC, www.nypc.org - the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30.
    (check out the calender or SIGs)
    We meet at the NYPC office - Room 550 at the Hotel New Yorker, 34th St. & 8th Ave.

It's really a Treo SIG

Come and enjoy,
    Ted

ps I also co-chair the Palm SIG - first Wednesday of each month
    Thanks for the info, I'll definately try and make it.Weeknights are really tough for me, so I'm going to setup a weekend meetup. (You can come to the meetup and bring info about the group

I'll post the meetup info here once I can figure out which Barnes and Nobles to hold it at: I'm trying to decide between Union Square or Lincoln Center. (Lincoln Center is much more convenient for me, but if the majority want Union Square, I'm ok with that as well. Please weigh in with your preference.)

It seems most want a weekend date, with a preference for a Saturday. I am thinking about this coming Saturday August 12th at 11am at a Barnes and Nobles. Let me know what you think.
  11.    #11  
    Visit Meetup.com to start your NYC Treo Meetup Group there. Once you do you can post the events and encourage people to register/RSVP for the event on the Meetup site.
    I went to meetup.com. It wouldn't let me create a new topic called "Treo". Could you try it, and see if I'm doing something wrong.
    Shure headset you just shelled out big bucks for.
    lol I didn't think anyone bought those.
    I like the Barnes idea. I found this, seems to be a section already set up for this topic:

http://pda.meetup.com

interesting site, thanks msSwitch for the tip.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!

I live in NYC and would meet up with treo users I have a 700p and use sprint. Let me know
  15.    #15  
    MsSwitch, apparently it costs money to setup a meetup. I'm just going to coordinate through this thread. (I don't want to go through the hassle of collecting dues and whatnot for our gathering).

For those that are interested, please subscribe to this thread, to be notified of updates. (That's under the top, under "thread tools".)
    I can set something up for a group of 20 or so let me know, maybe it will cost us 10 bucks ea. some where or we can go to a dinner and order some food. I know a few locations in NYC where we do things like this all the time.
    Union Square B & N is easier for me. Sundays are out. Family day. I could do Saturdays.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  18.    #18  
    So far it's:
    - 1 vote for Lincoln Center Barnes and Nobles
    - 2 votes for Union Square Barnes and Nobles

Everyone please weigh in even if your vote is no preference.

If Union Square wins, I'd appreciate it if someone, who lives or works nearby, can let the store know that we'd like to meet there on Saturday August 12th at 11AM. If Lincoln center wins, I can take care of the booking as I'm just 5 blocks away.
  19.    #19  
    Does Saturday August 12th at 11AM work for everyone?
    Does Saturday August 12th at 11AM work for everyone?
    Sat. Aug. 12 works for me, I vote for Lincoln center as it much more user friendly than Union Square. All of a sudden union square matters...lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast