Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Just in case you can't find us. I will be wearing a black baseball cap with a red spider on it. Also my cell number is 646-238-9460.
  2.    #42  
    Thanks to those who made it, I had a great time, and will try and setup another meeting next month. I also learned some nifty apps that I will be sure to download.

Should we go for another weekend meeting like today, or should we go for something at a bar or restaurant in the evening?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Man, I missed out, got stuck having to work. sounds like you all had a good time, looking forward to the next meeting!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    Man, I missed out, got stuck having to work. sounds like you all had a good time, looking forward to the next meeting!
    I think it was nice to get together and meet people.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Wish I could have been there at the meetup. I hope to make the next one. So, any good info shared yesterday? What's the word?
  6.    #46  
    Well, I explained how NVFS works. Also G-Funkster game me the lowdown on some cool apps that I have to download now. I also gave some people a rundown on how easy it is now to do a custom ROM for the Treo 650. Demoed playing the full Lord of The Rings movie in TCPMP with PXACLOCKER. We also talked Palm stock a bit.. Utonian demoes watching SG-1 episodes on the Treo, as well as mentioned the National Radio Archives for audio content. Talked about how for the most part launchers have become unnecessary on the Treos. Reviewed FontSmoother setups. I showed off the Shure i4c-t headset, my Palm travel kit, and my Palm Universal keyboard. (Also shared that there is a new 700p driver for the Universal Keyboard.) SB showed off his Bluetooth keyboard and gave a negative review. We talked about Palm's future, also.. G-Funkster talked about some of the apps he has written.

I'm sure there is lot's that I am missing, but it the conversation loosely mirrored that of the Treocentral discussion forums... With demos thrown in to spice things up... A lot of info, in a short time..

I have to say I really liked meeting at this B&N, and prefer this environment to a bar.. (It's quiet, but not too quiet. Makes for nice conversations.)

If you all want to meet at a restaurant or bar, I will come, but am not really interested in organizing... Let me know if you want to organize something.

On question.. There are a couple regular weeknight meetings, should we try and make this B&N thing a monthly weekend event? (One Saturday morning per month?) (It will be at the Lincoln Center B&N as long as I am organizing them, because the space is a) convenient for me, and b) better for gettogethers)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for the overview - I would have loved to see the demos! As for the bar/restaurant meetings, I agree that B&N is prbly more suitable for conversation and demos. I'm looking forward to attending the next NYC Treo Meetup. Thanks for the idea Brandorr, and thanks to all who made it happen. See ya next time
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    I have to say I really liked meeting at this B&N, and prefer this environment to a bar.. (It's quiet, but not too quiet. Makes for nice conversations.)
    Agreed. It's a good venue and good time. Nice choice, Brandorr. Although I wouldn't be in town to make it every month, I'd certainly look forward to future meetings when possible.
    I just saw this thread. I'm up for the next one. B&N is a good venue.
  10.    #50  
    Proposed Saturday dates: Sept 9th, 16th, 23rd. (at 11AM at the Lincoln Center B&N)

I want to pick the date that fewest number of people have a conflict. (So reply only with the days that you absolutely cannot make it.)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    so when was that fabled palm/rimm merger supposed to happen again? maybe someone can toss that one around the table when you all meet up.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Proposed Saturday dates: Sept 9th, 16th, 23rd. (at 11AM at the Lincoln Center B&N)

I want to pick the date that fewest number of people have a conflict. (So reply only with the days that you absolutely cannot make it.)
    All those dates are fine with me. Fyi, the 23rd is Rosh Hashanah (I am not Jewish so not an issue for me).
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

I can't make the 9th, but would make it on any of the other dates.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I can't make the 9th, but would make it on any of the other dates.
    And being that the 23rd is a Holiday, that leaves this Saturday the 16th.

Anyone still game? (Sorry for the late notice I was at the beach for a week and forgot to follow up on this thread...)
    23rd could work, 9/16 does not for me.

Look forward to participating in next meeting.

David
  16.    #56  
    Is there anyone who can't actually make it on the 23rd. I know it is a Jewish holiday, but noone has said the 23rd won't work for them personally.
    Any chance for a Sunday or weekday evening gathering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuty View Post
    Any chance for a Sunday or weekday evening gathering?
    I prefer weekday evening. I don't think I would ever be able to make a Saturday/Sunday meeting.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Keep us posted if you schedule anything in NJ/NNJ area...in other words: Bump!

Be well, all.

David
    So what is going on with any new meetings? Has anything happened? Did I miss a September meeting?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast