Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lincoln Center gets my vote
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I am in Queens but I am too busy to go. I support this event spiritually.

I would pick a gadget store or something. Where was the first Engadget.com reader meet up? It was in some place in Chelsea I think?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    yes, Meetup.com does cost. Most meetup groups donate a $1 each to cover the costs. Anyways, I didn't realize that we were meeting up so soon. Saturday is out for me - I have several overlapping plans. I would have opted for Union Square though, just because of proximity to trains and such. Plus there's a Circuit City in the area in case any would-be Treo'ers decide to upgrade
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Another vote for Lincoln center! Mornings are tough for me, but I think I can swing it.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Wait so is fourth Tuesday of every month at 6:30 still a good date or has it been overriden by the 12th? I would suggest Union Park... it's more easily accessible...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Does Saturday August 12th at 11AM work for everyone?
    ok. by me. i prefer union square, but lincoln center is ok. i am coming from queens.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7.    #27  
    The votes are in. This Saturday August 12th at 11AM we are meeting at the Coffee Shop in the Lincoln Center Barnes & Nobles.

For those that can't make it, we'll try and do this again, if people find it worthwhile.

This meetup does NOT supercede any previously scheduled events. So the fourth Tuesday meetings should still be on.

(I figure you can't meet often enough with fellow Treo enthusiasts.)
    Is anyone else going to be going to one on the 22nd? I may show up to that one...

Brandor - thanks for the mention and clarification of the Tuesday meetings.

The wireless sig meeting this month, the 22nd, though will meet at Chelsea Piers at the Lightship Frying Pan / pier 63, as far west on 23rd street as you can go. We'll be part of NYPC's annual social picnic. More info www.nypc.com

Sorry, I can't make this Saturday. Have fun
    i have a treo 650 SprintPCS for sell used, any interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanzhu
    i have a treo 650 SprintPCS for sell used, any interesting?
    spam?
    What does this have to do with the topic of the thread? Do I smell a troll?
    not a spam, just thought someone might want to replace their Treo650, and looking for a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Want a chance to meet fellow Treo Central users, and see how others have configured their devices? Here's your chance to show off that Vaja case, or Shure headset you just shelled out big bucks for. (We could even make it a mini swap meet if you have extra accessories you need to get rid of).

If you are new to the device this is your chance to get tips from experienced users.

Even if you only have a 650, you can come and see what all the fuss is about. (We could even make it just a PalmOS Treo meetup, if people are interested in flashing the firmware on their Treos).

If there is enough interest, we should definately do this. I will need help coordinating, so if any one is interested in helping out, just reply to this post (need a place, scheduling, etc.)

Please reply to this post if you are interested in attending.

Latest Update

We are looking to meet at the coffee shop at either the Lincoln Center Barnes and Nobles across from the Tower Records storor the Union Square Barnes and Nobles. Please weigh in on this thread with your preference, even if it is no preference.

We will be meeting on Saturday August 12th at 11AM.

Please subscribe to this thread to receive updates.
    Hi All, Is this definitely happening?
  14.    #34  
    This is definately happening... I for sure will be there at 11AM. (Lincoln Center B&N, Saturday Aug 12th)
    Barnes & Noble Booksellers
    Lincoln Center
    1972 Broadway
    New York, NY 10023
    212-595-6859

this is the location?
  16.    #36  
    Yep. Thanks for looking this up. I'll add it to the first post.
  17.    #37  
    So far I've got the following people attending:

stonefoxx
    jonathanzhu
    southbound747
    Hanuman
    g-funkster
    Brandorr

Please reply to this thread if you are coming. I need to update B&N with a headcount. (If I tell them 6, and 30 show up it might be a bit awkward)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanzhu
    not a spam, just thought someone might want to replace their Treo650, and looking for a deal.
    Sorry If I jumped at you then. It was just strange because you have so few posts and like almost your first post is to sell a treo in thread that has nothing to do with selling treos. The right place to post that is under
    If I can shift some stuff around, I'm in. Looking like 70% odds so I'm hopeful. Thanks for organizing.
    sorry guys. i won't be able to make it tomrorow's meeting. something came up. but have fun tomorrow.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast