Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
       #1  
    Anyone know if this is possible with the 700p? My girlfriends Samsung A900 has this feature, but my more expensive phone cannot communicate with hers on the same level.
  2. #2  
    No it is not possible. You could just leave a voicemail if you really wanted to do that...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by samboy
    Anyone know if this is possible with the 700p? My girlfriends Samsung A900 has this feature, but my more expensive phone cannot communicate with hers on the same level.
    Can her A900 do push email? What about editing Office files? Play thousands of MP3s from a 4GB SD card?
  4. #4  
    Actually, all you have done is confused one of "higher powers" of MMS - MultiMediaMessaging. You can easily attach a voice memo to a photo that you send over MMS, or simply create a voice memo and send it sans picture using MMS, not SMS. I can't say whether or not your girlfriend's Samsung will be able to decode it - but I bet it can. Just open the Voice Memo program on your Treo, record your memo, and then tap the envelope icon and that will bring up three options to send your voice memo - Bluetooth, Messaging, or Versamail. Select the Messaging option, then fill in the address and VOILA!

    Alternately, you could create a voice memo the same way and select the Versamail option to email it to either your girlfriend or - alternately - an administrative assistant to "write up your memo". It will arrive in her inbox in .wav format that virtually all PCs can playback natively. Let's see her phone do THAT.
  5. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
       #5  
    Haha.....You guys are right, and I wouldn't trade phones with her regardless. I just hope that when she sends me one that I don't have to dial in to retrieve it. thanks 4 the great responses.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    Actually, all you have done is confused one of "higher powers" of MMS - MultiMediaMessaging. You can easily attach a voice memo to a photo that you send over MMS, or simply create a voice memo and send it sans picture using MMS, not SMS. I can't say whether or not your girlfriend's Samsung will be able to decode it - but I bet it can. Just open the Voice Memo program on your Treo, record your memo, and then tap the envelope icon and that will bring up three options to send your voice memo - Bluetooth, Messaging, or Versamail. Select the Messaging option, then fill in the address and VOILA!

    Alternately, you could create a voice memo the same way and select the Versamail option to email it to either your girlfriend or - alternately - an administrative assistant to "write up your memo". It will arrive in her inbox in .wav format that virtually all PCs can playback natively. Let's see her phone do THAT.
    Can you attach voice memos to other email programs besides versamail? Like snappermail? I'd really like to be able to do that. You say they are wav files?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    Actually, all you have done is confused one of "higher powers" of MMS - MultiMediaMessaging.
    I have unlimited "sms" with sprint. does that include mms? anyone know?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    Can you attach voice memos to other email programs besides versamail? Like snappermail? I'd really like to be able to do that. You say they are wav files?
    I assume that when you load an alternative email program like Snapper or Chatter that the option pops up in the same menu list, but I may be wrong - I don't use either program.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    I have unlimited "sms" with sprint. does that include mms? anyone know?
    I am on Verizon, so I can't answer for sure BUT you'd better find out - BUT QUICK - because Verizon bills out SMS and MMS separately. I have unlimited Verizon to Verizon SMS, but a limited number of MMS messages...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I am on Verizon, so I can't answer for sure BUT you'd better find out - BUT QUICK - because Verizon bills out SMS and MMS separately. I have unlimited Verizon to Verizon SMS, but a limited number of MMS messages...
    I suspect it is the same deal with sprint...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    I have unlimited "sms" with sprint. does that include mms? anyone know?
    If you have Sprint's PictureMail option on your plan (+$5 a month to your data plan), then you have unlimited MMS.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    If you have Sprint's PictureMail option on your plan (+$5 a month to your data plan), then you have unlimited MMS.
    I do. thanks.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    Just open the Voice Memo program on your Treo, record your memo, and then tap the envelope icon and that will bring up three options to send your voice memo - Bluetooth, Messaging, or Versamail. Select the Messaging option, then fill in the address and VOILA!
    when i do this, i only get 2 options. bluetooth and versa mail. i do have sprint's picture mail. is there something else i need to activate to get the messaging option for sending voice memos?
  14. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
       #14  
    Well, its official. The sprint network doesn't recognize my phone as a voice sms capable phone. Whenever I get a voice sms, I have to dial some california number to retrieve it!
  15. #15  
    Can you get pictures from your girlfriend?
  16. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
       #16  
    Yes, and I know where you are going with this....Its just not the same to send pictures with voice memos without attaching a picture.
  17. #17  
    MMS is included in the picture mail plan wich is $5 and its also included with the powervision plan for $15, you can attach voice memos, and pics, and most sprint multimedia phones and tmobile phones except for the sidekick will work , because i doit all the time.

Posting Permissions