1.    #1  
    I just noticed that AOL Radio is streaming some of the XM Radio channels for free. I've only gotten it to work on my PC and Mac using their AOL Radio player. Is there a way to pick it up using Pocket Tunes? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    If you have a 700p or w I assume, You can stream all of the xmradio stations... http://mobile.minixm.com
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    If you have a 700p or w I assume, You can stream all of the xmradio stations... http://mobile.minixm.com
    Very cool. Works beautifully on my 700p. This now gives me a reason to subscribe to the XM stations for $7.99/month without having to shuck out $$$ for a physical XM radio

The Treo BECOMES a portable XM radio (although you get like 70 channels instead of the full 140 or whatever it is with a "real" portable XM radio).. but now I can jack my 700p to my car stereo with a cassette adaptor (which I find superior in fidelity to a little FM transmitter..) .. or just carry it around and stream XM with headphones.

By the way, kids, you can sign up for a free three-day trial of XM radio (no CC# required).. and try it out and see if you think it's worth the $7.99/mo to continue it after the three-day trial is over. Now that I can carry it everywhere and use my 700p as an XM radio, instead of only being able to use it on my laptop, I think I'll subscribe for a while.

Of course, continuous streaming on a 700p is a huge drain on its battery, but in a car, just plug in a car power cord and that solves that problem.

Thanks for the tip!

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Has anyone figured out a way to stream through ptunes and not Kinoma? I read a post somewhere that ptunes deluxe can do it, but I haven't figured out how yet..

5.    #5  
    Hey y'all...

I did know about the minixm and should've mentioned it. It does appear to be a good deal, but the intent of my original question that started this thread had to do with AOL Radio. I mentioned XM Radio since many would say "AOL Radio" who cares.

So...do any of you know how to listen to AOL Radio (in which you can hear some XM) via Pocket Tunes? I agree with the previous poster about Kinoma. It'd be nice to go right to Pocket Tunes without having Kinoma pop up from Blazer.

Thanks, Joe
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    Has anyone figured out a way to stream through ptunes and not Kinoma? I read a post somewhere that ptunes deluxe can do it, but I haven't figured out how yet..
    Ptunes can't stream wma's... That's why you can't with ptunes...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    http://mobile.minixm.com was working up until yesterday. It's now giving me a 404 Not Found both on Blazer and on my XP laptop. .. Anyone know what's up with this? Did they shut it down? Change the URL?

I was all set to throw $7.99/mo at them to use it on my 700p, but now it's dead, Jim..

I can't find anything about its status on the main XM Radio site.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    There is another one out that, www.xstreamxm.com/mobile, that's the one I been using and it works great! I am not sure though if it has all the channels as I only listen to XM Comedy 150
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    When I tried to go to the above website it automatically took me to to www.musicdock.com/SR/ from which I clicked onto mobile version at mobile.musicdock.com/SR/ . I was able to log in and listen to most of the xm radio channels. It also has the AOL channels at the bottom of the pull down menu.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    so did anyone figere how to get aol radio on the 700wx yet?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    http://radioplayer.aol.com/player/la...ggregate:21446

I just wat to be able to listen to this one station
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    10 months later BUMP!
    I agree. It is aggravating to me, a multi-radio XM subscriber, that I cannot get my favorite channel, an AOL Radio channel, on my XM Radio. Currently, I can only listen to it on my PC (for free). ???
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    There is another one out that, xtreamxm that's the one I been using and it works great! I am not sure though if it has all the channels as I only listen to XM Comedy 150
    I have a Treo 755p. I went to the above link (I had to make it not a link because I have a low post count and can't include links) and put in my username and password. It appears to connect to the website and brings up a screen showing the current song and artist. Then, it brings up (I think) pocketTunes which tries to load the stream. Then I get an error message: Login Error

Also, there is an error message saying "unsupported audio format"

I know I'm putting in the correct login name and password because it works on the XM site on my PC.

Any ideas?

BTW....I am able to get it to work with musicdock, but I can't get all the channels I want.

Ken
    Last edited by Guitar4Him; 10/25/2008 at 11:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well....it looks like I got excited too soon. As stated in my previous post, I had gotten musicdock to work. That was last night. It was connecting perfectly every time. Now, this morning, when I try, I'm getting a "Session Timed Out" error message when PT comes up. There's also a smaller message that says "Unsupported Audio Format". I tried various channels in XM with the same results on all channels tried.

Now, how could it work so good last night and refuse to work this morning? It's early Sunday morning, so bandwidth should be readily available.

Ken