1.    #1  
    From the guy that brought you "My hardware mute switch doesnt vibrate anymore" comes "Screen not turning off while on call"

Anyone else getting this? My battery life went from above average to less than fresh in a day, and I finally figured out why. I have it enabled in the power preferences at 30 seconds... but its not doin it.

Im running a slew of programs, which im sure are the death of me... Agendus, Chatter, LudusP (Recently tried out, and LOVE), 4cast, butler, Uninstall Manager, and Font smoother... and a crap ton of stupid games...

Any ideas?
    My phone screen dims after the set time, but does not turn off. However, I have no option in my preferences to make it turn off while on a call...it only has dim options.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    That's how Palm designed the 700p - to not shut off the screen during calls. I'm not sure what advanage they saw for doing this, but supposedly, it doesn't make a significant difference in battery life. Personally, I think they should have at least given an option to have it turn off or dim.
    I have BrightCam and if you calibrate it right you can get the screen to shut off on the 700p, but I don't like it to shut off. I would just rather have it on at a low setting.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    er yeah, i guess thats poor diction, i was looking for it to dim, not turn off... it maintains the same level of brightness continuously
    OK, but one other program - Phone Technican from the guy who developed Butler. It has screen off function as well as other nice functions.
    Fu, w/ all these problems you're having, why not just do a hard reset and start fresh?
    for dimming, there is a freeware app called Autodimmer. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. It worked, but my 700p would light up randomly for a second and then go dark again when I was not using it. It might have been an interaction with Autodimmer and some other app I am running (maybe Chatter). I quit using it for that reason, but maybe you would have luck with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Fu, w/ all these problems you're having, why not just do a hard reset and start fresh?
    the drive... basically... that and im TOTALLY happy with what all my phone is capable of now, and Ill be really bitter when I find out its something I like mugging it up... but Ill probably hardflash tomorrow.... or maybe ill try technician before i do anything drastic
    also try TreoGuard www.geakware.com works for me.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    ^I agree. Treoguard is my favorite screen-off app with other great features. But the developer is AWOL. I can't get a registration key.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!