1.    #1  
    HELP!

My phone has gone mad ... I can't even hard reset it anymore. It's just gone into an eternal restart loop - it shows the Pa1mOne logo with the progress bar, then flashes up with the Palm logo in the circle, then restarts.

I have tried the hard reset (hold the power button down and push then reset button under the back cover ... then when the logo in the circle comes up, release power button ... it asks me if I wish to erase all information, I say Yes), but it makes no difference ... off it goes into a loop again?!?

Is there any way out of this ... please?!?
    Plug in your hotsync cable, hold the hotsync button and reset. This should take you to a rainbow color bootload screen. If you can get to that go to: http://grack.com/romtool and download the ROM tool. There are a few threads on this forum that go into lengthy discussion of the use of this tool. In your case you will likely want to download the standard ROM for your particular phone which you can find in the forum somewhere and try uploading it. If this doesn't work then you likely have a hardware problem.

Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks jgm, if my service provider can't replace the phone tomorrow then I'll give it a go... I've been meaning to have a look at custom ROMs etc, so maybe this is an opportunity?! Although happening one day before I go on holiday isn't exactly great timing!
    Quote Originally Posted by themitch
    HELP!

My phone has gone mad ... I can't even hard reset it anymore. It's just gone into an eternal restart loop - it shows the Pa1mOne logo with the progress bar, then flashes up with the Palm logo in the circle, then restarts.

I have tried the hard reset (hold the power button down and push then reset button under the back cover ... then when the logo in the circle comes up, release power button ... it asks me if I wish to erase all information, I say Yes), but it makes no difference ... off it goes into a loop again?!?

Is there any way out of this ... please?!?
    Yep. Mine was doing the same thing. Had to completely uninstall and reinstall 3 times until I got it to finally work. Would get most of my apps installed and it would just start doing it. Uninstall completely and start over after a hard reset. Working fine now but I am afraid to install any more of my stuff on it. Just have the bare necessities for now.

ARGH.

Have you tried the TRUE HARD RESET also known as the zero out reset? Hard reset is a joke as it doesn't do the job anymore on the Treo.

http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbUR...ID=887#zeroout

Try the zero out reset (but it can be tricky to do). Hold the stylus with your mouth while you press on the "up" button, hotsync button and hold the power button. If done right, the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then come back on. If done incorrectly, you'll get the bootloader (rainbow) screen.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws