Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If ya wanna make it really easy on yaself, use Sharklinks in conjunction with Voice Dial....

Just say "Open ESPN" and it will load ESPN.....tho frankly I'd feel silly talking to my Treo when reading / surfing. It does come in handy when driving tho say when ya heading up to New England from Long ISland and ya say "Open Ferry Schedule" .... then ya can see whether ya need to risk a speeding ticket to get to ferry on time.
    This could be fun but i see it now i want to check the scores and blurt out "goto espn" then remember im in a meeting and look foolish talking to my pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    This could be fun but i see it now i want to check the scores and blurt out "goto espn" then remember im in a meeting and look foolish talking to my pda.
    It wouldnt be the first time for me (looking foolish...these 'toys' always make me look foolish).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Yeh i know that feeling but my "toy" is provided to me via the company whos meetings i must attend and whos policy states no non approved programs on the treos thank god i keep 2 backups on the sd car one to flash to "company approved mode" and one for the way i really like it setup with all the neat cool stuff.

And what u mean these toys my 650 is considered a "Business essential TOOL"
    Yeah right???? More like "Bussiness essential TOY"
    Sometimes I am watching movies or playing yahtzee at work and no one has a clue except me. makes meeting go faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    Yeh i know that feeling but my "toy" is provided to me via the company whos meetings i must attend and whos policy states no non approved programs on the treos thank god i keep 2 backups on the sd car one to flash to "company approved mode" and one for the way i really like it setup with all the neat cool stuff.

And what u mean these toys my 650 is considered a "Business essential TOOL"
    Yeah right???? More like "Bussiness essential TOY"
    I wouldnt have thought to use a back up like that.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Sometimes I am watching movies or playing yahtzee at work and no one has a clue except me. makes meeting go faster.
    Whenever I break my treo out at the meeting, they automatically expect me to be screwing around.

Is there any way to put a link to a document in the launcher.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I think Z-Link can do this its from the Z-Launcher folks but it aint free
    I use Pic Dial from Toysoft, yes I know Toysoft...it sits under your dial pad, you can use any pics you want for icons. For example webpages, Apps, & speed dialing numbers.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    I typed "sharklinks" into Google and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Amazingly enough, it took me straight to this site:

www.ludustech.com/sharklinks/
    I'm guessing there's not a big market for shark meat kielbasa.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Will the links take you straight to secure websites so you don't have to type in user and password information each time? Is there any way to make this work with a bookmark in blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Thats a good idea Jack but I cant picture myself on the train talking to my phone. LOL. Telling my phone . Open Treo Central.

Does that voice Dial really work . Ever ask it to dial a number and it dials the wrong one?
    That's what I meant......I use it while driving and that's about it ..... to do otherwise, I'd feel too much like a gadget showoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Is a ticket ever really worth it.
    Well let's say a ticket cost ya $100. If ya miss the ferry that's 2 hours additional wait.....If ya company is billing you out at $150 an hour.....sometimes a ticket is just the cost of doing business.....if it's the last ferry of the day, and an additional 180 miles to "drive around"..?.....

OTOH, if that meeting with ya potential cleint with the huge contract is on the line, it can cost a hell of a lot more than that.

I usually have a 2-3/4 drive coming back from say Albany.....picking it up from say 55 to 65 can pick ya up about 10 minutes an hour.....so on the whole trip, if ya started out 20 minutes late for 55 mph driving, you'll make it by 7 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I don't think so but why not make it a favorite? That seems to work pretty good?
    im know im late replyin to this, but this is what i did.

like i have one of my buttons going to the weather channel site (to get weather). i also assigned that favorite to my P button. so i just press and hold P and the weather comes up

nothin spectacular
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr View Post
    So LX is the problem. Hope they fix that. LX is the launcher I use, in fact it's the only one on my phone.
    Just came across SharkLink today.

Was this issue ever resolved? Just a thought, with Treo Launcher, new apps don't appear unless you have accessed the default launcher (Applications). The SharkLink "apps" are the same way.

Could that be an issue with LX?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12