1.    #1  
    I have a couple of questions for TomTom 5.

- If i have tomtom by itself and no gps reciever what can I still do with it?
    - Can i get driving directions without the gps reciever? so basically if i dont care about gettin directions spoken to me, can i just use the tomtom app, without the reciever?
    - Does the app alone have modes like, quickest route, shortest, and so on?

thanks everyone.
    The app itself has the modes you mentioned and more. You can use the Advance Planning option and get directions, then look at the route. You also have access to the extensive POI database of TomTom. The Navigator will complain often if Bluetooth is not on, so even without a GPS I would recommend having the Bluetooth radio on.
    While TomTom can do what you want, it seems like an expensive way to go considering you can get a lot of the same information from Google, MapQuest, etc. I often use TomTom to get info w/o the GPS, but the app really shows it value when used "in route" with a GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    While TomTom can do what you want, it seems like an expensive way to go considering you can get a lot of the same information from Google, MapQuest, etc. I often use TomTom to get info w/o the GPS, but the app really shows it value when used "in route" with a GPS.

I would still take the TomTom maping (without the GPS) over google map. I tried to go to a beach yesterday. I used maps.google.com. On the Treo google won't show you the route, only the directing, which is hard to understand. I ended up googling just the driving directing on the beach's website and comfirm it on the TomTom map.

Fast zoom in and zoom out is what make the TomTom map so useful.
  5.    #5  
    anyone use a cracked version of tomtom 5.1? on their 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    anyone use a cracked version of tomtom 5.1? on their 700p?
    lol. i knew it was warez when I read your OP.

-Saddening though, that some eBay Powersellers are even including Tom TOM pre-installed with their Treos..
    yes, you can click on "pre planning" and get it to figure out the best route, from there you can either have it do a demo of the route, just have it display the text directions, or view a top down map.