Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I use ChatterEmail with four online IMAP accounts giving true PUSH email... fantastic! However, when using BackupBuddy.Net "TrickleBackup" schedule, I've noticed that every time I return to the ChatterEmail application, my accounts begin re-logging-in. That means they fell offline after their initial login. I've done a test by switching BBNet to "Manual" schedules and my ChatterEmail IMAP account do remain online. Therefore, I believe that the "TrickleBackup" is somehow interrupting the IMAP online connections.

I'm not sure if anything can be done to get these two applications to play well together but thought I would post to raise the issue. Any ideas?

Regards,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Do you have the latest beta?

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Yes. I just updated to 2.0.3rc12 but have worse news: My 650 soft resets apparently when the TrickleBackup is initiated. I tested by shutting down both CE and BBNET at different times during the last 1/2 hour and had no resets. As soon as I placed both back online... boom!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Ah, well! I really have no idea what that's about.

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've also posted on the Bluenomad BB.NET forum.
    I will inform if the situation changes.
    Thanks anyway...
    Both apps, are working well on my Sprint 700p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Rev,

What version of Chatter are you running?
    Are you also using BBNET TrickleBackup?
    Ever notive if your online IMAP accounts re-login when opening Chatter after a TrickleBackup?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Well I downgraded to the current stable version of Chatter 2.0.2p3+ and have had no resets nor have the IMAP accounts fallen offline within the last two hours which included several TrickleBackups. I'll test again when the next Chatter beta update is released.

Marc, any ideas?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Ok. Celebrated too early. No crashes with the stable Chatter but the accounts are still going offline...
    I am using BBNet pro (trickle) + Chatter rc5 (well, was scared away by rc8 and decide to stay with the last working beta).

Have 2 IMAP + EX (10 min auto). I have seen this for quite a while(a month?). 99% of the time I switched to Chatter, I see EX logging in (w/o any problem) and then show the next sync time which is 10 min from then. IMAP a/c seems OK ( I always started Chatter in the EX a/c). Got some delay in both accounts, but not always.

Since Marc and Scott fixed the reset problem, I am quite happy and decide to live with these small quirks
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Well I downgraded to the current stable version of Chatter 2.0.2p3+ and have had no resets nor have the IMAP accounts fallen offline within the last two hours which included several TrickleBackups. I'll test again when the next Chatter beta update is released.

Marc, any ideas?
    Keith,

Are you using Matrix for background SSL? When you login do you have a purple lock or a green lock in the lower right hand corner? I had a problem a week or so ago (with a beta release) where Matrix wouldn't work with my "old" Chatter reg information. Updating the information with a Chatter+ code took care of it. Not likely your problem, but you never know.

As an aside, this used to happen on my 650 with Express. If Express updated it would kill my Chatter connection regardless of the settings I had for Express and disconnecting from the data connection. May be a function that they use for cleaning up at the end of their data calls that is messing Chatter up.

Regards,
    Rory
    Not a great solution, but I found backupbuddy so friggin unreliable over a couple of years, I now use Resco Backup. Haven't had a single reset due to backup processing since. Good program.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse
    Keith,

Are you using Matrix for background SSL? When you login do you have a purple lock or a green lock in the lower right hand corner? I had a problem a week or so ago (with a beta release) where Matrix wouldn't work with my "old" Chatter reg information. Updating the information with a Chatter+ code took care of it. Not likely your problem, but you never know.

As an aside, this used to happen on my 650 with Express. If Express updated it would kill my Chatter connection regardless of the settings I had for Express and disconnecting from the data connection. May be a function that they use for cleaning up at the end of their data calls that is messing Chatter up.

Regards,
    Rory
    Hi Rory,

Thanks for sharing your information.
    No, I'm not using Matrix. I've just been upgrading my original ChatterEmail app from before + was developed.

I've seen a few updates to BBNET in the last couple of days so I'll give it a shot again and report...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    Not a great solution, but I found backupbuddy so friggin unreliable over a couple of years, I now use Resco Backup. Haven't had a single reset due to backup processing since. Good program.
    Well, I travel overseas regularly and BBVFS has worked great for me when required...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Marc,

I've noticed that on BlueNomad's BackupBuddy.Net Forum other ChatterEmail users have been experiencing similar issues and that it was stated that you were working with BlueNomad to investigate and resolve. One approach mentioned was the possibility of ChatterEmail suspending its connections when an automatic backup is initiated. I am still having resets with ChatterEmail 2.0.5rc3 when I set BackupBuddy.Net to TrickleBackup.

Have you been able to make any progress on this issue?

Thank you,
    Keith
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    bump. Marc, are you there?