1.    #1  
    Hi:

I recently received a replacement Treo 650 via Lockline. It lookks like new to me but how do I make sure that it is not a refurbished one ?

Is there a way to differentiate new from refurbished ?

How long (minutes /hours) before had it been used , is there a way to find that too ? Thanks
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I remember, dialing #*786 will show you the lifetime useage that is not resetable.

Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Hi:

I recently received a replacement Treo 650 via Lockline. It lookks like new to me but how do I make sure that it is not a refurbished one ?

Is there a way to differentiate new from refurbished ?

How long (minutes /hours) before had it been used , is there a way to find that too ? Thanks
    It's most likely refurbished.

Did it come in The Original Treo 650 box???? Or did it just come with bubble wrap???
    a replacement will 99% of the time be refurbished...no worries tho, they usually are like new as you can see!
    neilweinrib: did you ever check the life timer?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

what lifetime means old/new?
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    what lifetime means old/new?
    There is a lifetime timer that you can check. My life timer has 14678 minutes on it. If a 'new' phone said that, I'd say it was a refurb.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

9.    #9  
    How do we check life timer ? Please tell.
    My treo came in the original packing in a sealed treo box with all the accessories .
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look at post #2 in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    There is a lifetime timer that you can check. My life timer has 14678 minutes on it. If a 'new' phone said that, I'd say it was a refurb.
    Mine has 14598 minutes and i got my phone on ebay in mid July this year. Is it considered 'old'?
    I wouldnt know how to measure it...but if I had to say...Id say its not new ;-)

Refurbs usually carry the same warranty as a new one also! That's the good part!
    I bought mine "new" on ebay back in May 06 aqnd my lifetimer now says 2004 min, so I think mine was actually really new. I thought it might have been a refurb too, but mine did come in original packing and looked new from the start, but I am always a bit suspicious ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    Mine has 14598 minutes and i got my phone on ebay in mid July this year. Is it considered 'old'?

I've had mine since the 650 was released, I only have 710

I use data a lot more than voice...

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I've had mine since the 650 was released, I only have 710

I use data a lot more than voice...
    710?! Wow. What is that...like 30 minutes a month

Yeah, yeah Whenever I need to call someone, it's usually a quick one or two minute call. I do a lot of server management from my phone so I'm almost always using data. If I got switched to a pay per use plan I'd have to sell my house, car, and a leg or two...

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Yeah, yeah Whenever I need to call someone, it's usually a quick one or two minute call. I do a lot of server management from my phone so I'm almost always using data. If I got switched to a pay per use plan I'd have to sell my house, car, and a leg or two...
    I use my data too but if I had the 700 I think I would be streaming 24x7

Ive had myne for a month and it already has 910 on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use my data too but if I had the 700 I think I would be streaming 24x7
    Interestingly upstream EvDO speeds are (capped?) 75-100kbps... hardly enough for video conferencing... Thinking about it now, the only thing EvDO is good for that EDGE isn't is streaming...