1.    #1  
    My keyboard still functions correctly, but the lower left side (Z, X, search and function--the white button with the blue circle--keys) has too much give (the whole area pushes down when I press on a key there) and squeaks when I press a key there. Has anyone else had a problem like this and, if so, have they been able to fix it? Since the keys still work, I'm assuming Sprint won't fix it, even though I have TEP insurance.

Thanks for any help.
  2.    #2  
    wow--absolutely no one of the 58 people can relate. Sucks to be me, I guess.
    I thought the "fix" was already posted here somewhere. Cut out a piece of paper with the dimensions of the entire battery compartment, stick it on top of the battery and put the cover back on.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I thought the "fix" was already posted here somewhere. Cut out a piece of paper with the dimensions of the entire battery compartment, stick it on top of the battery and put the cover back on.
    That fixes the squeak of the keyboard?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by alexdouglas
    My keyboard still functions correctly, but the lower left side (Z, X, search and function--the white button with the blue circle--keys) has too much give (the whole area pushes down when I press on a key there) and squeaks when I press a key there. Has anyone else had a problem like this and, if so, have they been able to fix it? Since the keys still work, I'm assuming Sprint won't fix it, even though I have TEP insurance.

Thanks for any help.
    My keyboard doesnt squeak...my right shift key doesnt bounce back when I press it but it still works. Im too lazy to take it apart or otherwise I would paint it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Fixed any squeaking for me...unless we're not talking about the same squeaks...

My D-Pad DownArrow key squeaked a lot. Taking the hint from FrozenCode's post, I remove the battery cover, gave the battery some nice presses, believe or not, no more squeaks.

Thanks a lot for the post, FrozenCode.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My left shift key squeeked at one point. I discovered it was because the front and back casing were slightly misaligned. All I did was squeeze the sides of the Treo with my hand and the sides lined up. Voila! No squeek.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Blaster lubricant works
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    More than the squeak, it's that the left side of the keyboard "gives." The right side is rock solid, like it should be, and only the individual keys press down. On the left, the "southwest" corner of keys kind of all shift up and down as a group, as if the house was built on a bad foundation. The squeak is a side effect of the group of keys pushing down together (it's almost like a screw that holds the keyboard up is gone and that section of the keyboard isn't secure)

I'm gonna talk to sprint, and try the cardboard in the battery compartment (seems weird that that would fix the keyboard, but what the hell do I know?).