1.    #1  
    since ive received my 700p ive wanted to be able to have 3 separate settings...1)full volume with vibrate 2)no volume with vibrate and 3) no volume or vibrate...ive tried profiles and profilecare and for some reason when i configure the programs to not vibrate when in "sound off" mode it still vibrates...i received my 700p in june and have been tryin many ways to get these settings and nothing has worked. help please
    RingProfile should be ok for the 700p, but I did not try it.
    - Jeeman
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    RingProfile should be ok for the 700p, but I did not try it.
    it says it is compatible with 700p but tried it and it doesnt work.
  4.    #4  
    is there a program similar to ringprofiles that has the option for multiple profiles?
    do you have something else installed that might interfere? I know that Butler would override Profiles on my 650. It would still play an alert tone even if I had everything set to "silent".
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Given I have no experience in any of these apps, I suspect that moving the switch to the "Sound Off" position at the top of 700p may have an overriding effect on any 3rd party settings and may force the unit to vibrate regardless when a call comes in. I make this assumption because Palm/Treo was very proud to announce this 'feature' when they roll out the 700p units.

So my question is do these apps (especially Profiles and ProfileCare) work as set up when the phone is put on in the "Sound On" position?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    do you have something else installed that might interfere? I know that Butler would override Profiles on my 650. It would still play an alert tone even if I had everything set to "silent".
    no, when i tried each of the programs i removed all the other ringtone programs and i also do not have butler installed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Given I have no experience in any of these apps, I suspect that moving the switch to the "Sound Off" position at the top of 700p may have an overriding effect on any 3rd party settings and may force the unit to vibrate regardless when a call comes in. I make this assumption because Palm/Treo was very proud to announce this 'feature' when they roll out the 700p units.

So my question is do these apps (especially Profiles and ProfileCare) work as set up when the phone is put on in the "Sound On" position?
    that sounds like it might be a possibility, but im wondering if anyone has had success with the settings i want.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you are saying that you don't what it to vibrate when the hardware switch is in sound off, then that's not possible. It's hardware that will override any software.

You can setup programs to have a profile with no sound and no vibrate, but don't use the hardware switch also if that is what you want.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    blake!

Sprint Centro
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85
    ive tried profiles
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    hmmm...