1.    #1  
    I decided to go with this headset, and received it a couple days ago. I had been using a little Motorola HS820 that I had gotten on Ebay, which I liked for the most part but the audio volume was weak and it wasn't the most comfortable or attractive thing to wear.

645 Pros:

I really like the design, both appearance and fit-wise. It is extreeeemely lightweight, fits into my ear nicely, and I easily forget that it's there when I'm wearing it. Also, the button is nicely placed, and is easy to find/push while wearing the headset. The volume buttons are really easy to use.

Speaking of volume, it is MUCH better than the little moto, and I find that I do not need it on max volume most of the time. I'm not sure if this is because it is placed in my ear instead of outside, but either way it's nice. The quality of the audio is great, nice and clear, and people seem to be able to hear me, which is nice.

I also really like all the little attachments it came with. I didn't opt for the Palm ultralight version, so I don't have the palm charging adapter, but as I expected, it doesn't matter since I have several other kinds of chargers around the house. I've been using a motorola charger to keep it going. Battery life has been fine, and I have not needed to use the AAA charger that comes with it yet.

Cons:

The headset paired easily and remains paired (which is a pro!) but I find that the amount of time it takes to connect to the phone is a little long. This headset auto-connects when dialing, which my old one didn't do, but it seems to connect when you're on the 2nd or 3rd ring, and it varies. I've also had a couple of calls where it didn't connect at all, and I ended up having to put the phone to my ear beacuse I couldn't get the headset to work (frustrating!). I've found that, when dialing, if I push the button on the headset BEFORE dialing the number, it connects almost instantly.

Also, when receiving calls, the headset doesn't register that a call is coming in until a ring or two, and then it takes another ring or two for it to answer the call - a little on the long side.

When connected and talking, the headset is mostly fine. Of course, if it's near other radio sources there's a lot of static, but talking with the phone in my pocket (left pocket --> right ear) I've had no problems, and in the car it's fine too.

The only other con is that the headset has a flashing LED indicator that NEVER shuts off. This may sound like a lame con, but when you have that thing in sight of other people (even in your pocket!) it's distracting - that little blue light is bright! It should definitely go into LED sleep mode or something like my other one did.

I think I will be keeping this headset, despite the cons noted. The design is great, it works well enough, and it was given to me as a gift. I may, however, order the Sony HBH-610 from treocentral as a comparison, just to see if I like it a lot better.
    The 655 is already out and has an improved design over the 645.
  3.    #3  
    Argh... figures.
    Wow this is amazing... They didn't even give me a chance to get the 645.

This 655 really looks nice

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/...scovery655.gif

Anybody knows if you can use a Treo charger with this headset.

Al
  5.    #5  
    I'm still not satisfied with the connection issues on this headset (645 with T650). It takes way too long to connect when someone calls! And when making calls I sometimes can't get a connection at all! Is it my headset or just the brand?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20
    I'm still not satisfied with the connection issues on this headset (645 with T650). It takes way too long to connect when someone calls! And when making calls I sometimes can't get a connection at all! Is it my headset or just the brand?
    It's the brand. The AX2 and the IV835 are the fastest connecting that I've tried. The IV835 being the fastest.
  7.    #7  
    And is the IV835 an otherwise good headset? I haven't found many reviews about it. Sound quality incoming/outgoing, comfort, etc? This connection lag thing will probably do it in for the 645 for me.
    Good incoming and outgoing audio. The big thing is that it doesn't have any volume control on the headset. You have to adjust the volume on the handset.
  9. nwr
    Where have you found the 655 for sale? I called Plantronics last week and they said it wasn't available till about October and theres nothing on their website. Any idea if it will work with Verizon 700p? Most of the Plantronics bluetooth headsets have not worked properly with Verizon 700p. Also your experience with Sony 835? I am still trying to find a bluetooth that works better than the Jabra Jx-10?
    A number of places already have the 655 for sale and a bunch of people have already received theirs. Search around and you'll find some reviews from regular users.

Also, try searching for the IV835. I've already posted my findings, as have others.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nwr
    I am still trying to find a bluetooth that works better than the Jabra Jx-10?
    So you like the JX10? Is there any lag on connecting with this headset?
    The JX10 is much quicker. The IV835 is the fastest that I've used.
    The Motorola H700 is pretty quick. Just got one yesterday and I have it set to answer calls after one ring. After the first ring, it picks up pretty quickly.
    655 looks cool!! anyone can have a full test of 655 on treo 650??