1.    #1  
    I am brand new at using my Treo 700p and the strangest thing happens over and over again.

My phone turns off. My mother and I were in a store and seperated. When we are ready to leave, we just call each other. She was calling me over and over but I never got anything. So Im ready to go and call her but it says do you want to turn your phone on?

I didnt know I had turned my phone off.

This has happened a few times and I know I did not turn off the phone.

Why does this happen and how the %$@# do I stop it LOL

Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Welcome to TC.

How are you carrying it? Is the keyguard active? The most likely cause is inadvertantly leaning on the red key.

Any 3rd-party software installed?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    Thank you This site is so amazing!

I have a nice case for it that I can wear at my hip. But this has happened to me while my phone sits at my desk.

I have not installed any software (too scared) *laughing*

I own an online business and I need a way for my clients to speak with me virtually 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The cell was working fine but I wanted the flexability to answer questions via instant messaging when I am not in the office (and via email).

So I bought the Treo about a week ago.

Once I get this quirk fixed I will figure out how to hook this dang thing to my MSN messenger hahaha
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I'm no 700p expert (see sig), but offhand I can't think of any legitimate reason for a stock phone sitting face-up on a desk to turn off. So unless a search turns up something or another poster can offer more insight, you might want to hard reset to see if that fixes it; if it doesn't, consider exchanging it for another unit.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawna
    I am brand new at using my Treo 700p and the strangest thing happens over and over again.

My phone turns off. My mother and I were in a store and seperated. When we are ready to leave, we just call each other. She was calling me over and over but I never got anything. So Im ready to go and call her but it says do you want to turn your phone on?

I didnt know I had turned my phone off.

This has happened a few times and I know I did not turn off the phone.

Why does this happen and how the %$@# do I stop it LOL

Thanks for your help
    Hi Shawna,
    Welcome to TreoCentral! Have you activated your phone yet?
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/04/2006 at 09:05 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Yes its been activated since day 1
    Well, did you answer yes to the question: "Do you want to turn your phone on?" Then what happened? It sounds like you could have been out of the range of a signal. Have you been able to use the phone normally at all?
    Does it happen alot? does the phone fit in the case real tight, it could be the red key staying pressed inside the case. other than that theres no reason for the phone to turn off while sittin on the desk.
  9.    #9  
    Rick perhaps that is the problem! The case is a little snug since it is new.

Thanks for the help!
    I suffered from a similar problem when I first got my Treo 650 last year. In my case, I finally traced the problem to a loose SIM card. This problem was resolved by adding a shim (an index card cut down to the shape of a SIM card) between the tray and the card. I also got one of the redesigned SIM card trays from Cingular, but I still needed to use the shim to prevent the phone from turning off on its own.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    I suffered from a similar problem when I first got my Treo 650 last year. In my case, I finally traced the problem to a loose SIM card. This problem was resolved by adding a shim (an index card cut down to the shape of a SIM card) between the tray and the card. I also got one of the redesigned SIM card trays from Cingular, but I still needed to use the shim to prevent the phone from turning off on its own.
    Well, I believe the OP's issue is with a CDMA 700p with no SIM cards...
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Maybe your phone is resetting without you noticing it. But when it resets it doesnt turn your radio back on. Try pressing ##377#.

Did you add any software that might be resetting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Well, I believe the OP's issue is with a CDMA 700p with no SIM cards...
    Oops. Sorry, I didn't catch the reference to the 700P.
  14.    #14  
    I did the ## thing and it says ...

A crash occured on 7/28 while running MMConduit-asc6
    StringMgr.c,Line:68,
    NULL string passed

Which means I have no clue *laughing*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    NULL string passed
    There should be a time next to the date. Do you believe your last 'missed call' happen around that time? If not, this message might not be relevant.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  16.    #16  
    Oh heck I dont know but I SOOOOOO appreciate you trying.

My next goal is to try to get MSN Messenger to allow people to text message my phone when I am not at the puter.

Thank you again for everyones help. It is truly appreciated. I am having such a blonde week.
    Also you might want to install TreoHelper is a nice little app it has a bunch of crap you might not need but also has a feature that makes sure the radio on the phone gets turned on after a reset.plus its free
    I did the ## thing and it says ...

NULL string passed

Which means I have no clue *laughing*
    MMConduit is related to your Versamail. Do you have Versamail set up to fetch mail at a certain time? Your Versamail might be corrupted.
    I guess the next question would be..is 7/28 the last time you noticed this problem?